Corsa and Tbyrne

I have heard of one instance where Magnacharger accidentally shipped a Radix to Tbyrne, who then had to ship it to the customer, but I doubt that happens very often.
Don't be talking about me.

Oh yea Ben that was you. I would mention something else you should have ordered from Tbyrne, but I won't go there right now. :jester:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll agree, most things Tom sells are delivered straight from the manufacturer. Tom doesn't touch most things.

However, it's still a business that demands customer service. Understandbly, Tom feels "no fault" for things shipped directly from the manufacturer, and sends you that way. Maybe above-&-beyond service would have been for him to contact the manufacturer for you, just to start the chain of events.

Don't worry about Corsa though, they will stand behind their product to make you happy.

I have to give some credit to Tbyrne, They did contact Corsa first. Got the ball rolling as you say. The problem I have is that Corsa said that Tom could take the exhaust back from me and that they (Corsa) would then work with him on it. But Tom didn't want to do that, instead one of his girls gives me Corsas phone number and tells me I will have to work it out with Corsa because there is nothing that Tbyrne can do for me. I wanted to talk with Tom on this, I e-mailed him, (and he read it because he forwarded the pics to Corsa) but no reply to me. I called him a few times the next day and he was always to busy to talk with me. So I would end up talking to one of the girls that he has working for him instead. I wasn't happy with the Corsa exhaust, and it turned me off from their company. I think and feel, that after Tom saw the pictures and new how unhappy I was (being a customer of his) with the exhaust that he would have taken it back and then sold me the B&B. Instead of having an unhappy customer.

But he did what he felt was right and what he thought was best for him. And I am only doing what I feel is right by sharing my experience.

Right or wrong, that is for each of you to decide for yourselves.

Bill-03-SD

I'll agree, most things Tom sells are delivered straight from the manufacturer.  Tom doesn't touch most things.

However, it's still a business that demands customer service.  Understandbly, Tom feels "no fault" for things shipped directly from the manufacturer, and sends you that way.  Maybe above-&-beyond service would have been for him to contact the manufacturer for you, just to start the chain of events.

Don't worry about Corsa though, they will stand behind their product to make you happy.

I have to give some credit to Tbyrne, They did contact Corsa first. Got the ball rolling as you say. The problem I have is that Corsa said that Tom could take the exhaust back from me and that they (Corsa) would then work with him on it. But Tom didn't want to do that, instead one of his girls gives me Corsas phone number and tells me I will have to work it out with Corsa because there is nothing that Tbyrne can do for me. I wanted to talk with Tom on this, I e-mailed him, (and he read it because he forwarded the pics to Corsa) but no reply to me. I called him a few times the next day and he was always to busy to talk with me. So I would end up talking to one of the girls that he has working for him instead. I wasn't happy with the Corsa exhaust, and it turned me off from their company. I think and feel, that after Tom saw the pictures and new how unhappy I was (being a customer of his) with the exhaust that he would have taken it back and then sold me the B&B. Instead of having an unhappy customer.

But he did what he felt was right and what he thought was best for him. And I am only doing what I feel is right by sharing my experience.

Right or wrong, that is for each of you to decide for yourselves.

Bill-03-SD

I think we're finding out where the great prices are coming from. You get what you pay for for the most part, and in this instance, you're getting a great price from someone that doesn't have storefront expenses and other overhead. However, without a storefront, you certainly can't expect storefront service....

Damn, this one is turning into a book. I'm not going to add a chapter to this but will go back a few posts and comment on a few things. We stock alot of products and also have some products shipped from the manufacturer. It depends on the item, our current stock and when the next stock order is coming in. Corsas always ship from here while some Radix kits will come from the manufacturer (each one is made for the specific vehicle). And for Fun Guy, we do have a store that anyone can walk into, installation facility and sales numbers that put alot of speed shops to shame. Most companys also sell on the internet. That's the way it is today.

As for the issue that HDMLNIUM has with his exhaust. Those pictures came into us on the weekend and then he called on Monday morning to make sure we received them. We forwarded them to Corsa and called our rep to see what he had to say. He looked over the pictures and said that the pipe didn't go through the final production process so he would have a new one made and swap it under warranty. Our rep also said if the customer had any questions to he could give him a call. This was a very easy fix to the situation so there shouldn't be an issue.

Carol called the customer and left him a message (everyone here keeps notes on their calls), he called back and she told him that Corsa would put together a new pipe, send it out to him and then issue a call tag to pick up the original. The customer asked about returning the whole exhaust and was told that Corsa wouldn't take the system back because of the pipe. That can quickly make that right for him. She then advised him that he could give Corsa a call to discuss the issue. At this point this is alot more than doing nothing. We actually got everything set up to correct the problem so people really shouldn't add their own parts to the story.

I asked what about the inside of the pipe how it is all jagged and they said nothing.

This isn't true. You were told that the inside of the pipe would be cleaned up during the final process that wasn't completed.

At one point you mentioned the dent in the muffler but you didn't include any pictures of that. Carol advised you that you could mention this to Corsa when you talk to them. That's probably why they are building a new system for you.

I guess I wont be getting my supercharger or anything else through TBYRNE if they are only a customer like me and can never do anything but give you the manufactures telephone number.

I can see you saying this if the first thing we did was say "here, call Corsa" but we forwarded the pictures and made the phone calls to take care of the issue. The manufacturer is the one that takes care of warranty claims in the end. Someone mentioned their camera had to goto Sony and I bought something recently that was missing a few parts. I didn't even both contacting the store it came from because didn't put it together and won't be able to send me the missing parts. The manufacturer did take care of it though. And as for the part about "me being to busy to talk to you", you could have left your name and number and asked for me to give you a call. Hundreds of calls come in here everyday and alot of people want to talk to Tom. The reps here do a very good job handling the few problems that might come up. They know what needs to be done.

Hopefully your new system is up to the high standards Corsa is proud of.

Tom

Damn, this one is turning into a book. I'm not going to add a chapter to this but will go back a few posts and comment on a few things.

Guess that one got a little long. Imagine if I covered the whole thread :) There is one other thing that I forgot to mention. The customer mentioned that nobody replied to his e-mail. The people here were on the phone with him a few times after that e-mail came in so there was no reason to reply to it.

No problem. I find that there is alot of false info floating around (nothing against you). What supplier was that? In a way you can't really compare customer service to the size of the company. Some manufacturers that we deal with may be considered large with $50 million + in sales a year. Most of them are great but then there are others that we know will be a hassle everytime we deal with them. Then you have a retailler like us that may do 10% of their sales and provide excellent customer service 99.999% of the time (some customers just can't be pleased - not directed towards Bill).

One example is -

The problem I have is that Corsa said that Tom could take the exhaust back from me and that they (Corsa) would then work with him on it. But Tom didn't want to do that, instead one of his girls gives me Corsas phone number and tells me I will have to work it out with Corsa because there is nothing that Tbyrne can do for me

That is sooooooo untrue! Paul said that he would not take it back. He would exchange the pipe and make sure that the new one is perfect but they won't take the while system back. One of the girls (Carol). told you exactly what Paul said. The only way this could be true is if they told us one thing and then told you something else. Tom (me) didn't have any part of this process. As I mentioned before we receive hundreds of calls here daily and I'm usually busy with normal daily activites so my decision as the owner isn't required unless it is really, really needed. The proper proceedure was followed for this. Let me know if you have any issues with the new system.

Tom,

I am glad you replied, my phone number was on the bottom of the e-mail that I sent you.

Here is the e-mail that you got, minus the phone number.

Tom,

I received my Corsa cat back today, I don't know if you have seen one of these kits for yourself, but it is terrible.

It looks like something I could have made in my garage, (a home made y-pipe), not a reputable company like Corsa.

I don't want to put this on my truck and I think you should drop the kit for the 6.0 liter trucks from them.

Their single pipe kits are good but how they hacked this kit together is nasty.

They could have done a nice y-pipe for the price they get or a 2 in, 2 out muffler like the B&B.

If I would have just known before I ordered it, that it was put together like this I would have never ordered it.

Anyway I would like to send this kit back for very poor design and order the B&B instead.

Here are a couple pics of the Corsa, would you want it on one of your trucks??

Thanks,

Bill Jaynes

From that, you didn't think that I wanted to talk with you??

Also, You didn't touch on the fact that Corsa said that you could take the exhaust back and they would then work with you on it. If the new system that they are sending me is anything like the first someone will be getting it back. Because I wouldn't put that system on my lawnmower..

What would have made me happy was you to either have e-mailed me back with your feelings on this, or a simple phone call, you had both of them available to you.

After looking the Corsa over I said to myself no way, I will go with the B&B instead, both of which would have been a sale through you and you would have had a happy customer. I asked you before I placed my order if everything would work on my Sierra Denali. You said yes..

Dynatech is making me new mid pipes because they wern't even close. You gave me their number and they have been great, it will be right. But then the Corsa comes in and it was another bad transaction, I hope you can understand my frustrations. And then you don't get back to me, I might be only one of thousands of your customers, but I am one of them and I felt and do still feel that a follow up call or even an e-mail to me to insure you have a customer that is being taken care of wouldn't have been to much to ask for. I told the women that I wanted to talk with you, you read in my e-mail that I wanted to talk with you, you read in these forums that I wanted to talk with you. I would have thought that would be enough for you to pick up the phone and give me a call.

Bill-03-SD

No problem. I find that there is alot of false info floating around (nothing against you). What supplier was that?

One example is -

The problem I have is that Corsa said that Tom could take the exhaust back from me and that they (Corsa) would then work with him on it. But Tom didn't want to do that, instead one of his girls gives me Corsas phone number and tells me I will have to work it out with Corsa because there is nothing that Tbyrne can do for me

That is sooooooo untrue! Paul said that he would not take it back. He would exchange the pipe and make sure that the new one is perfect but they won't take the while system back. One of the girls (Carol). told you exactly what Paul said. The only way this could be true is if they told us one thing and then told you something else. Tom (me) didn't have any part of this process. As I mentioned before we receive hundreds of calls here daily and I'm usually busy with normal daily activites so my decision as the owner isn't required unless it is really, really needed. The proper proceedure was followed for this. Let me know if you have any issues with the new system.

Tom,

You might want to give Paul a call on this before you call me a liar.

Paul told me that he couldn't deal with me direct, he said if Tom wants to take it back he then could deal with Tom to work it out.

That to me sounds like you could have taken it back and then Paul would then work with you on it.

I didn't buy it through Corsa, I bought it through you so that is the channels that it would have to go back.

The bottom line is that I bought the Corsa through you, and you could have taken it back and had a happy customer and another sale. Then you could have dealt with Corsa directly and had everything taken care of.

Bill-03-SD

Bill,

I reread your post and was probably editing my post above as you typed this. My response to that was -

The e-mail that you posted was your first contact with us. You spoke with Julie and Carol after that was sent. I asked Carol about that later and she told me that she talked to you a few times during the day so you were all set. Maybe I should have replied just to say that I received it but the situation had been handled so I didn't think it required any follow-up. I just found this thread today. I would have replied when it went up if I saw it sooner.

Tom

You might want to give Paul a call on this before you call me a liar.

Carol already put a call into to Paul because that's not what she was told. See the part about we might have been told one thing and then you were told another.

these kinds of thing are for person to person emails or phone calls not forums...IMO

Very true.

Guys, you two need to handle this privately, obviously there are serious issues here that the two of you need to talk about. My experience with TByrne was a positive one but I realize you can't please everyone. Hopefully the two of you can come to an agreement.

Archived