Gauge Cluster Recall

RacerJJ

I heard from a reliable source (GM Service Manager at a local dealership) that they are going to begin recalling ALL Silverado's between 2003 and 2006 (I think...not sure on the 2006 part) for faulty gauge clusters. He didn't say what the problem was so start checking a mail box near you and make sure they don't re-flash your PCM when you go! :thumbs:

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to replace my cluster under warranty a few weeks back after the oil lamp went out. now the head light switch cluster is out :banghead: i think im gonna wait it out a little while longer because im starting to feel the good ol' clunk again in the steering and the front diff. has been making a lot of noise too. mine as well get the most bang for my $100.

OK, knock on wood, I have not had any gauge cluster problems. In this case, if I get a notice, I think I'll go with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". They're liable to f--k something else up (or give me a bad one) when they fix it. And yeah, I wouldn't want to lose my tune either!

I heard from a reliable source (GM Service Manager at a local dealership) that they are going to begin recalling ALL Silverado's between 2003 and 2006 (I think...not sure on the 2006 part) for faulty gauge clusters. He didn't say what the problem was so start checking a mail box near you and make sure they don't re-flash your PCM when you go! :thumbs:

Thanks will be looking out for it!! :cheers:

Yes, the speedo's should be covered. He told me that it had something to do with the Delphi electronics causing the gauges not to work. Sorry, I was only half paying attention because I was trying to figure out the tail wind before I ran my round and plus, I don't care if my gauges work or not.

I know quite a few guys who have had their clusters fail. My oil pressure gauge just failed and is pegged at 550 as soon as the key comes on. Its either that or the oil pressure sending unit. I'm leaning towards the cluster, and will soon be fighting to get it covered under warrenty. Ever since they found out about my Radix they don't want to cover anything.

Oh and my Tranny shit the bed on the weekend, frustrating week so far :banghead:

I know quite a few guys who have had their clusters fail. My oil pressure gauge just failed and is pegged at 550 as soon as the key comes on. Its either that or the oil pressure sending unit. I'm leaning towards the cluster, and will soon be fighting to get it covered under warrenty. Ever since they found out about my Radix they don't want to cover anything.

Oh and my Tranny shit the bed on the weekend, frustrating week so far :banghead:

I can only imagine. :tear::tear: