Gauge Cluster Recall

RacerJJ

Got my notice today in the mail ...

Now does having a 3 mph discrepency on my Speedo count?!?!?!? or just live with it. Probably a PCMforless problem.

So does that mean that it is a real recall now? Can I call my dealer and have them replace it or what?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well left my truck in there yesterday morning, they ordered the part today. Then they said it was screwed and cant cover it under warranty. And that my passenger door lock cant be covered under warranty because "i have wires everywhere/spliced" . I was fuming and to top it off they told me to pick it up tomorrow at 11! I asked them why and they told me that its because "the dash was apart" :fume:

Jesus christ, I told him I was picking it up first thing and not to touch it.

Chevy makes a good product but hell they need to slap around the dealerships because its two strikes with them so far...

Now does having a 3 mph discrepency on my Speedo count?!?!?!? or just live with it. Probably a PCMforless problem.

if it's showing 3 mph faster than what your doing, did you put a radar gun on it :dunno::D if is is faster, i asked a GM rep when he was going over mine for diff. work, and stated that they will show faster then what you are doing. i ask him why, and his statement to me was SO IT WILL GO OFF WARRANTY SOONER :banghead:

:seeya:

It could be beacuse your wheels and tires are not exactly the same size as the originals. Calculate if there is any difference here:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

It could be beacuse your wheels and tires are not exactly the same size as the originals. Calculate if there is any difference here:

Yeah Hank ... I'm running Stock wheels ... But since I have "Access" to radar guns ... I have found my speedo to be 3mph off, after I installed the PCMforless ... So it will mostlikely be the computer tune then, Right???

As for the "Recall", it is not a Recall per se, but a notice that states they will cover it or past non-warranty work (refund), on the Guage Clusters up to 7 years (since in service date) or 70k miles, which ever comes first.

If you need a refund ... they have a claim form to fill out, and then mail in.

So does this mean that it is an official Recall?? If so then I will take mine and have them replace it if not then please let me know!

Thanks,

TruckinSS05

So does this mean that it is an official Recall?? If so then I will take mine and have them replace it if not then please let me know!

Thanks,

TruckinSS05

It's not a recall, it's a warranty extension to 7-years/70,000 miles whichever comes first. If the gages fail, they'll fix it. You can't just take it in and have them replace the gage cluster if no problem exists, like in a recall. See below.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...6&hl=recall

It's not a recall, it's a warranty extension to 7-years/70,000 miles whichever comes first. If the gages fail, they'll fix it. You can't just take it in and have them replace the gage cluster if no problem exists, like in a recall. See below.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...6&hl=recall

That was what I was trying to find out!! :banghead::banghead:

Was it a recall or just an extension. :nopity:

Thanks for the info! :driving:

• 6 months later...

Just bumping this to state, my '08 seems to be having these issues as well. Only 4500 miles. Talked to the dealer and he's gonna do a sweep on it in the morning. My only concern is I have an aftermarket Pioneer D3 installed. They gonna put up a fight and tell me my warrenty is now void cause of the D3? If they know what is good for them they won't!!!!!

i took my 03 SS in for the extended warranty since my tach took a dump, and im now on week 7 of waiting for the replacement to come in. The dealer keeps saying that its the suppliers problem. They claim its taking so long since its an SS and is different with the white face gauges. How long is everyone waiting on their clusters?

I called GMs customer care number today and they are lighting a fire under peoples asses now, they are handling it well. If you have a problem with a dealer, call GM and they will slap these dealers around to get shit handled. Its worth the phone call.

What really pissed me off was i took in a 04 Yukon Denali for the exact same problem for my work 2 weeks ago to the same dealer, the cluster was there for it in 2 days. WTF?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My 04 sss has not had any problems with the gauges and it has 54xxx miles . But It wouldnt matter much, its been at the dealer for over two months with the front diff run around. Thats right, I said over two months.