Quest for the fastest SS

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12s for a N/A Truck is like 10s for a N/A Z06. It will be REAL expensive and REAL extensive, but a 12 sec X-Cab truck would kick serious ass. That would take any stock american car to the house. think about it. You want to make a 6000 LB truck outrun a 3100 LB car by about a half sec...

12s for a N/A Truck is like 10s for a N/A Z06. It will be REAL expensive and REAL extensive, but a 12 sec X-Cab truck would kick serious ass. That would take any stock american car to the house. think about it. You want to make a 6000 LB truck outrun a 3100 LB car by about a half sec...

it is crazy, buit i like it... :D:D:D

Anyone want to race?

First one to 12s on the stock shortblock without a power adder.

-OR-

First one to the 11s on the stock shortblock with a power adder.

On your mark.... get set....GO.

I'm in!! although my timeframe on it won't be untill fall....

10's NA in a Z06 isn't all that expensive or extensive. guess it's all relative though.

it will only take about 5k in mods for this truck to go 12's NA. doesn't sound too bad to me :thumbs:

It would be interesting to me if it is even attainable.

The list would have to include:

Heads - probably stg II or above $2000

L/T Headers - $750

LS1 Edit, or a custom tune - $550

Intake - $200-300

E-fans - $380

stall - $700

Cam and springs - $550

high flow muffler -$200

built tranny? $???

Essentially, you would need every bolt-on and heads/cam. Am I wrong here?

I don't believe it can be done for under $5k. This list adds up to $5350, or so and doesn't even count install cost. Even if you plan to do yourself, you can throw in $500 or so, of misc costs to do it all yourself even (ie gaskets, fluids, any special tools, welding, etc..). Anything you've spent on a previous vehicle and can cross over shouldn't count as far as a reduction in cost, because you still had to buy it. I guess I'm just curious what your plans are.

1500 for GOOD complete heads.

400 cam

700 headers

700 stall

250 air intake

200 pulleys

75 2 cutouts

home ported Throttle body

500 ls1edit tuning.

4325 if installed yourself. heads/cam install should be around 800. everything else is pretty easy to intall yourself. that's 5125 total :thumbs:

I think that would be good for 12's. no intake needed. I've got an ls6 intake and 224 cam laying in my garage also, so those are free for me :D

I assume those are stgI heads? Maybe 1.5 PP's?

The money part will be close. I really want to see the truck in the 12s NA. Just wonder if that's attainable. There are a couple of things that I lack on mine/your list but have the Radix, and I'm not even 12, yet. With tuning maybe.

heads are done by Cylinder Head Specialties

springs come with the heads.

that's what I have on my Camaro and they flow great, as good as anyone else out there for far less money.

I think it can be done. definately with an ls6, lsx, tpis or other aftermarket intake. I'm gonna find out! I may use AFR heads instead of 6.0L heads though.

we both have the same idea either way :smash:

I also don't want to sacrafice daily driveability or towing ability at all. staying with a 3000 stall.

Archived