Blown It This Time

After failing to put bigger injectors in i´ve managed to detonate my engine.. see pics..

i have found a couple of places for a replacement but i´m thinking of putting a more suitable cam in while i´m building the nnew engine, can anyone advise on ehat cam (part number would be handy) also what tune to have recomendations please my mods are listed below in my siggy.

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

My first piece of advice would be to ditch the granetelli MAF and go back to a stocker. Obviously, bigger injectors for under a 3.0" pulley.

As far as cams go, there are alot of choices, but two come to mind right away. The lingenfelter GT2-3 cam at www.lingenfelter.com has a stock like idle, but perfect for blower applications. The second would be a thunder racing cam. This cam is a little more aggressive and lets you know its there. Both require valve spring upgrades. The thunder racing cam is a little more money with the springs, but it also makes more power.

Sorry to hear about the troubles. I cant imagine what its like to have to wait for all of your parts to be shipped from the US or Australia. While you are in the motor, are you going to forge it? And also, if you have the blower off, now would be a good time to look into the 90mm J-tube upgrade and 90mm Throttle body. but get rid of that granetelli...

supersub...are you running the 42lb injectors? If so, I would think you are ok because you have a smaller displacement engine and a return fuel system. 04+ systems can not usually meet fuel demands for pullies under 3.0".

HMMM Yep MAXED out! 104% duty cycle and with no timing.Its TOAST just buying time while the LSX is in build up mode.

wow! sorry to hear this, you may want to go up to a 370 or 408, the time is right

how many miles on this motor

You won't be making a 408 with that block. You will need a new block. If you get a new one, it will be a 402 :)

What were your fuel issues. Has it been pinging or just running lean?

Mike

Well, Just don't rush into anything. Think your choices through before diving in. Thank you for the pictures! :ughdance:

:withstupid: Don't just built something new without thinking about long term goals. I dount I will ever build a bigger forged engine because it's not in my long term plan. I'll be happy to have a 12 sec SS. Right now I'll just be happy to have a SS lol :jester:

supersub...are you running the 42lb injectors? If so, I would think you are ok because you have a smaller displacement engine and a return fuel system. 04+ systems can not usually meet fuel demands for pullies under 3.0".

He's running the stock 38's and has had as small as a 2.8" or so pulley on it. With proper timing he's well over 120%.

He's running the stock 38's and has had as small as a 2.8" or so pulley on it. With proper timing he's well over 120%.

I need an encyclopedia for all this techno garble. Are you saying that the 6.0 Radix kit comes with 38 lb/hr injectors, and that was not sufficient to feed his engine when he reduced his pulley diameter to a 2.8"?

And since the injectors were being told to work at 120% of their ability, they did not supply enough fuel which made the AF mixture lean, causing the destruction of his engine? I am trying to learn something...sorry for all the Q's.

I was planning on reducing my pulley diameter to 3.0" after I installed my Radix kit (still yet to be purchased). Will I have to have different injectors?

What size pulley does the Radix kit come with?

Mike