I Just Dont Understand

Holty

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok got my vote in too. 3 very nice trucks!!! THE reason no one was voting is b/c no one goes to the home page. I have my url going to the general ss section. maybe when you open a poll you could re-direct us to the home page???

I voted, but did not post a comment on the voting. Once I voted, I didn't think a comment was necessary, since it looks as if voting pops the thread back up to the top. Is that correct? Thanks.

:withstupid: I voted the other day when I saw it, just didn't post a comment.

:withstupid: I voted the other day when I saw it, just didn't post a comment.
comment or don't comment, thats your decision, and is not what the topic is about. what i'm trying to get acrossed is that i'm baffled how HUGE the off topic forum is and yet such an important contest/moment for these 3 trucks get minimal views/votes. it just shows that people would rather look at the crap/junk posted in off topic and ask questions about shift kits than really look around the forum and see what it has to offer.
:withstupid: I have noticed that too, the polls that are run on the forum don't get as many votes as you would think with the amount of activity and membership we have, I guess poeple just don't care, kinda crappy if you ask me. :nonod: I always participate and give feedback. :chevy:
exactly, and thank you.

My method for navigating the site is to use the "View New Posts" option. Anything that is new since my last visit is displayed. I always figured that I wouldn't miss anything new (or at least that I hadn't seen) that way. Works for me!

BTW... when I got back after a week away, there were something like 16 pages of "new" posts! :eek:

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

Who care's if the off-topic section gets so much attention. That is what makes this forum so fun, it is a good spot to BS with the other people on the site. By having the off-topic section is a good way to get to know eachother.

Why not make a post in the off-topic section to remind everyone to vote :dunno: Kind of like you already did.

Just like what SSboonSS said, "I tend to forget about that forum all together unless someone mentions it".... I also forget about as I am sure a lot of other poeple do to.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Maybe we should remove the "Off Topic" section of the forum as it seems to get WAY more attention than the rest of the forum? Am i the only one that finds that to be strange on a truck specific forum?

HA!! head over to GMFullsize and look at the activity in the Lounge as compared to the rest of the site... that my friend is way more of a disproportionate level of activity than here.

Who care's if the off-topic section gets so much attention. That is what makes this forum so fun, it is a good spot to BS with the other people on the site. By having the off-topic section is a good way to get to know eachother.

Why not make a post in the off-topic section to remind everyone to vote :dunno: Kind of like you already did.

Just like what SSboonSS said, "I tend to forget about that forum all together unless someone mentions it".... I also forget about as I am sure a lot of other poeple do to.

I 2nd the comment about a reminder thread. Since you obviously know the most active forum section, post a reminder when the time to nominate and a time to vote. I think iv voted everytime so far, but iv never nominated anyone. Submit a thread when its time to take nominations. Or are regular members not allowed to nominate?? Not sure...I dig the idea, but it doesnt seem like its announced. Make it known...If thats too much to ask..then I apologize.

I vote everytime and this is the first time and I just cant view the page still. So I voted by memory. I have resizing on but it will not resize until the pics are loaded and the pics are huge so it takes forever and crashed my computer again just a few minutes ago trying to view them. maybe they can be resized before they are posted for our viewing???

I view this forum from about 5 different computers, on 3 different networks, from home and at work. I don't have any issues viewing anything on the forums at all and it take about 10 seconds for all the pictures to load for me if that. I'm gonna have to say your computer is jacked...

I view this forum from about 5 different computers, on 3 different networks, from home and at work. I don't have any issues viewing anything on the forums at all and it take about 10 seconds for all the pictures to load for me if that. I'm gonna have to say your computer is jacked...

It takes a good amount of time to load on my computer also, and I have a decent computer.

Is there any way that the Admin/ Moderators can send out a forum wide PM or even email to all members reminding them that they need to vote? :dunno: Then again I know absolutely nothing about how a forum is organized/operated so I might not know what I'm asking them to do(major PITA), but it's the only way I would know how to get everyones attention.

Personally, I've been searching through old posts for the past week or so and completely spaced the voting :banghead: until I saw this post when I clicked on the View New Posts button today. (I just voted :thumbs: )

Also, with the influx of new members (myself included) Alot of us don't know much about the Featured Truck Contest(how often it takes place, when to vote, etc).

Lastly, I had no problems loading up the topic at home or at work. It loaded and resized in a matter of maybe 30-40 seconds.

just my .02 :cheers: