Will NOS hurt the SS Silverado????

SS Adam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting the NOS this coming thursday. I went and ordered it today and was just woundering how the 125 wet shot would do as far as being safe. I want the NOS but dont wanna hurt the truck. So you think i'll be ok? I have two flowmasters in place of the factory muffler. That is by far the best sounding exaust you can put one one I think. ''My dad owns a exaust shop, i've herd several different types but that is the best sounding way to go. No headers, the factory headers are just as good as the aftermarket."Unless you put a supercharger on it". Then you will need headers.

No headers, the factory headers are just as good as the aftermarket."Unless you put a supercharger on it". Then you will need headers.

:confused: I saw nice gains with aftermarket headders. I am N/A also.

The wet kits are jetted rich and the timing in the stock program is real conservative so you will have no problems at all. I put a magnaflow in place of my stock muffler and think that is a great alternative to a full catback. I do think that headers are good add on even NA for a 6.0 liter engine that makes the power our trucks do.

Im fixing to get a 125 wet shot of NOS. I was just woundering how safe this is going to be. Will someone please give me some info. about this who have NOS on thier truck?

Thanks for all the help everyone.

By doing this will outrun a stock lightning?

By doing this will outrun a stock lightning?

I have seen stock Lightnings run anywhere from 13.2 all the way up to 14.0.

It depends on a lot of things, I don't think a 125 shot will let you run away from a stock Lightning, but it should be a much better race. I still think you will need a few more mods to be able to run with or pull away from a stock Lightning.

I have seen stock (or think to be stock) SS's at my track run anywhere from 15.0 all the way up to 15.5 , is that a fair base mark for them in stock form?

If that is, the 125 shot should get you to high 13's to low 14's, not enough to do what you want in my opinion.

Good luck and let us all know how it works for you. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

• 2 months later...
What are the size of the flanges??? im gonna be doin a 100hp shot. I was told to get a 51 and 34. I forgot which one went to fueal and which one went to nitrous. Help me out.

The 51 will be for the nitrous side and a 34 will be for the fuel side. Check out this site. http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm

Archived