Long Tubes - Dyno Numbers Before And After

usabodyguard

I know there has been several posts that debate the effectiveness and HP gains on Long Tube headers... well here is the current situation...

I was recently SPONSORED by Dynatech, they are sending me a complete Supermaxx system (gratis), its already on it's way, and truckin' magazine is doing a how to step by step install with before and after dyno numbers...

we are doing this the week after next at Extreme Automotive in Socal, anyone nearby want to come by pm me for details...

Truck - mine

Engine - 5.3l Radix - 9lbs of boost

Tune - Zippy

Exhaust - stock headers and cats - Magnaflow cat back system

I will be sure to post pics and dyno numbers as soon as we are done... and I will let you know when the issue will be out as well.

The debate and proof will be settled once and for all!

Dave

Dave, is the truck going to get retuned for the LT. cause i'm certain that with the LT and fine tuning you will make more power than just bolting on LT, and same tuning.

Art - you know, i did think about that one... unfortunately, the shop i am going to doesnt use HP tuners... i will be going to synergy motorsports which is about 5-6 hours away at somepoint in the next month, just depends how soon all the rest of the crap i got for my truck gets here - and they will do a real in person dyno and street tune...

Rick at synergy is one of the best tuners on the west coast... he has to be for my lazy ass to drive 6 hours for!!

mods going on this month:

Pro Wheels forged 22's and tires

New complete suspension and drop - going to belltech to do this

NOS NX kit

Headers + cats

triple gauges and pod

New tune

cant wait...

Art - you know, i did think about that one... unfortunately, the shop i am going to doesnt use HP tuners... i will be going to synergy motorsports which is about 5-6 hours away at somepoint in the next month, just depends how soon all the rest of the crap i got for my truck gets here - and they will do a real in person dyno and street tune...

Rick at synergy is one of the best tuners on the west coast... he has to be for my lazy ass to drive 6 hours for!!

mods going on this month:

Pro Wheels forged 22's and tires

New complete suspension and drop - going to belltech to do this

NOS NX kit

Headers + cats

triple gauges and pod

New tune

cant wait...

That's Reynaldo, not Art. :jester:

Not to try and steer you away from Rick, but there are some good guys much closer to you. Kushan at Excelsior Motorsports is one and is down in San Diego.

That's Reynaldo, not Art. :jester:

Not to try and steer you away from Rick, but there are some good guys much closer to you. Kushan at Excelsior Motorsports is one and is down in San Diego.

i always get 12'rock and chpspecial mixed up... both guys i met in person... wow, im an idiot... sorry guys!

san diego is still about 3+ hours from me and I am already going to Fresno to goto belltech for my complete suspension, san jose is only about 90 minutes from there... plus rick is going to be putting in my NOS and I want to check out a couple of trucks while i am there... Marks twins, Bills 5.3, and more...

but thanks for that info! we really need a good tuner here in ventura county or north La county...

fresno is about 2.5 hours from san jose. then add another 30-45 minutes to get to synergy in newark.

:withstupid: On the money. My family lives in the Fresno area, used to drive there from San Jose frequently. Don't take 152 from 99 to I5 though. If you're at Belltech (in Sanger), take Jensen down to 41, then head south a few miles to Manning, and take it west all the way to I5... 30-40 miles of a flat, wide, empty road...