06 Mustang Gt

rickr0463

Hey guys, wanted to get your thoughts on this. This guy at work has added a ProCharger, Cold air, LT's and MAC cat back, and claims 539 to the wheels using SCT. I dont believe it. He runs 11.7's in the 1/4. Just wanted to see what some of you thought about this. I can believe 430ish

:cheers:

Its not impossible to get those numbers, but I would say it is improbable that he has specifically accomplished those numbers himself. I would fully believe 500+ at teh crank which would yield your 440whp theory approximately. Running 11.7's in the quarter doesnt mean as much as his trap speeds. If he runs drag radials or slicks or street tires. Does he know how to launch it? Can he shift? is it an auto or a stick? Which procharger model does he have? If he has a P1sc, then definetly no on the hp rating, but the times are still possible. If he is running a D1sc then it is entirely possible. BTW 11.7 is slow for 539whp...should be more like high 10's super low 11's with a properly prepped car.

if hes saying 539 thats a pretty specific number....as if he has dynoed it....tell em you wanna see some graphs.....539 rwhp sounds a bit much....that means he'd be over 600 hp at the crank.... :icon_bs:

I would figure around 500 crank HP with those mods, to say it has that much at the wheels seems odd to me :wtf:

I'd have to say that it's absolutely possible. I have a 88 Mustang GT w/ 550rwhp that runs 10.7 @ 132. It's' a full weight street car with leather, ps, pb, cruise, tilt, lumbar, t-tops, and exhaust on street tires. They are getting crazy rwhp #'s from the new 3 valve modulars with the addition of better breathing, in and out, and a power adder. The new Super Snake Shelby will put them #'s down very easily.

I'd have to say that it's absolutely possible. I have a 88 Mustang GT w/ 550rwhp that runs 10.7 @ 132. It's' a full weight street car with leather, ps, pb, cruise, tilt, lumbar, t-tops, and exhaust on street tires. They are getting crazy rwhp #'s from the new 3 valve modulars with the addition of better breathing, in and out, and a power adder. The new Super Snake Shelby will put them #'s down very easily.

:rolleyes::chevy::rolleyes::chevy::rolleyes::chevy::rolleyes::chevy::rolleyes::chevy::rolleyes:

Hey guys, wanted to get your thoughts on this. This guy at work has added a ProCharger, Cold air, LT's and MAC cat back, and claims 539 to the wheels using SCT. I dont believe it. He runs 11.7's in the 1/4. Just wanted to see what some of you thought about this. I can believe 430ish

:cheers:

:) Yes it is possible as i dynoed many.Just find out if he has dyno print out.

Here is an 86 turbo 347 stroker mustang with 11psi boost 617hp at the wheels dynoed

last week on ACCEL DFI.

Edited by c/p (see edit history)

Man, I would'nt have thought, mainly by the numbers at the track. The guys a friend of mine, and I have seen the car run the 1/8th. This to is a full on street car, his daily driver. I just thought that he should be runnin a bit faster for putting down 500+. BTW it is a D1sc he has, manual trans, and he runs slicks at the track.