A Little Discouraged

kelleyperformance

oooooooooooohhh gotcha. ya i wouldnt want that, the 5.3 has a hard enough time making torque lol.

GM had originally said that all the light duty NBS V8's would come with the 70e.... however, the 4.8/5.3's come with a 60e (STILL!) and the 6.0 gets the 70e even tho the vmax and avalanche are the only trucks available with a 6.0...... and of course you all know about the 6L80e went into the vette first in 06, then in 07 into the 2500HD/3500 gas trucks and the 6.2 trucks/SUVs as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well some of the list is going away now.....

finally got arround to fix the tune, have a little more tune and log action left tho. the brakes i will fix tomorrow, the 65e is ready to go back in, and best news is- the clutch seems to be holding lately. i ran a porsche 911 carerra S manual trans, and i pulled it hard. he pulled off the launch, and i caught him and the faster we went the more i pulled on him. it was close to a 1/4 run, 0-1xx. i had him by a little more than a truck length by the time we shut down. so that made me feel a little better for the time being lol

My truck is in the shop for the 5th tranny and this time as soon as i get it back it's going right to rossler trans in ohio 45 minutes from me and getting everything they can do to my tranny to make it last for at least 2 months lol. so don't feel bad.

• 1 month later...
like the title says, im pretty discouraged lately. SO i guess i thought this would make me feel better lol.....

i was recently in a car accident (thanks to florida drivers) that i was basically sandwiched in and of course i was given the citation :wtf: it was in an 08 tahoe LTZ that i had spent about 10 hours on the previous day. it was a pre-sold unit that had just come in and i had just installed all the aftermarket stuff on it. so i was putting the required 50 miles on it to make sure there are no noises, doesnt pull at any normal speeds, etc etc. truck had one-off 22s on it with goodyears (ALL BRAND NEW), 3/4 drop, and some other little things. it was the cleanest looking tahoe id seen yet. anyways, i hit the steering wheel pretty hard.... bruised some ribs and broke two knuckles. this happened like 2 weeks ago, and of course i couldnt work with broken knuckles, and i typed with one hand. to make it worse, shops deductable is $1k and i had to buy 4 new wheels, new spindles, one new tire, and reinstall it all for free :banghead: this is just one of my awesome examples of my luck lately....

the SSS is running like sh!t, going thru clutches and brakes like it does gas. its been nearly impossible to get the tune right since i installed the custom outlaw and lingenfelter 4" MAF (the PE aspect is fine, making well over 550 whp when the clutch actually stays engauged). im on my third, yes THIRD LS7 clutch/flywheel asembly. i cant even do what i enjoy most..... burnout. all i do is leave little clouds of smoked clutch behind. the alignment wont go right ever since i put the 3" spindles on it, pulls all over the place. to make it worse, all four of my 24s pitted, which is especially odd because i clean the truck twice a week and usually dont drive it more than 250 miles a month now (and wheels only have 1k miles on them). this clutch situation has really pissed me off so much i might fix my 65e and put it back in. im also getting alot of drivetrain noise lately, couldnt figure it out. well i broke an LS6 valve spring and i didnt even notice, only one coil broke off. thats still broken, as the clutch is too, the brakes need serious work, need alignment plates and ANOTHER long alignment, have to dismount all my wheels and hope they get replaced, the intake manifold is leaking, the speedsturr i waited so long for ISNT an x2000 and that idiot who rear ended me in august bent my bed so my snugtop wont shut right (state farm refused to pay for a bed or anything else, despite the fact my body gaps are all uneven now)..... well i feel slightly better now and i guess i have a list to start working on. so if your still reading this, sorry lol :rant:

anyone got any stories to make me wanna keep the SSS? cause at this point i wouldnt have an issue seeing it go

Well, I bought Mario's truck from your store and love it! I spoke to you there about the truck and about adding the Magna Charger etc. but I have not done it at this point. I have added the 22s and billet grills from Lund. I want to add Nitrous in lieu of the charger. What do you think? Do you have a list of the parts, the tune, lowering kit and was it ever put on the dyno there at your shop? i know it has the Corsa exhaust the Volant intake system and a throttle body, (just not sure which throttle body) what all was done to the transmission? Would you put headers on it and if so, would I need to have the dyno tune redone?

Nick

Man sorry for your luck. I totally understand how you feel man I got screwed over by many shops, some parts before i got my truck going good. I also got a bad tune once from some dumbass. Anyways give it time man it will all work out. Now for a tranny man may i suggest the 4l80e? i have it in my truck and its so far been bomb proof. its a little heavier tho.

Well, I bought Mario's truck from your store and love it! I spoke to you there about the truck and about adding the Magna Charger etc. but I have not done it at this point. I have added the 22s and billet grills from Lund. I want to add Nitrous in lieu of the charger. What do you think? Do you have a list of the parts, the tune, lowering kit and was it ever put on the dyno there at your shop? i know it has the Corsa exhaust the Volant intake system and a throttle body, (just not sure which throttle body) what all was done to the transmission? Would you put headers on it and if so, would I need to have the dyno tune redone?

Nick

thats great! im glad you love it :D . for a brief description: it has a volant intake, corsa sport exhuast, bbk 80mm throttle body, custom dyno tune, custom built tranny, and a complete custom suspension. there are lots of other little things, mario was a perfectionist and we have to keep him happy :jester: his truck was damn near perfect