A Little Discouraged

kelleyperformance

like the title says, im pretty discouraged lately. SO i guess i thought this would make me feel better lol.....

i was recently in a car accident (thanks to florida drivers) that i was basically sandwiched in and of course i was given the citation :wtf: it was in an 08 tahoe LTZ that i had spent about 10 hours on the previous day. it was a pre-sold unit that had just come in and i had just installed all the aftermarket stuff on it. so i was putting the required 50 miles on it to make sure there are no noises, doesnt pull at any normal speeds, etc etc. truck had one-off 22s on it with goodyears (ALL BRAND NEW), 3/4 drop, and some other little things. it was the cleanest looking tahoe id seen yet. anyways, i hit the steering wheel pretty hard.... bruised some ribs and broke two knuckles. this happened like 2 weeks ago, and of course i couldnt work with broken knuckles, and i typed with one hand. to make it worse, shops deductable is $1k and i had to buy 4 new wheels, new spindles, one new tire, and reinstall it all for free :banghead: this is just one of my awesome examples of my luck lately....

the SSS is running like sh!t, going thru clutches and brakes like it does gas. its been nearly impossible to get the tune right since i installed the custom outlaw and lingenfelter 4" MAF (the PE aspect is fine, making well over 550 whp when the clutch actually stays engauged). im on my third, yes THIRD LS7 clutch/flywheel asembly. i cant even do what i enjoy most..... burnout. all i do is leave little clouds of smoked clutch behind. the alignment wont go right ever since i put the 3" spindles on it, pulls all over the place. to make it worse, all four of my 24s pitted, which is especially odd because i clean the truck twice a week and usually dont drive it more than 250 miles a month now (and wheels only have 1k miles on them). this clutch situation has really pissed me off so much i might fix my 65e and put it back in. im also getting alot of drivetrain noise lately, couldnt figure it out. well i broke an LS6 valve spring and i didnt even notice, only one coil broke off. thats still broken, as the clutch is too, the brakes need serious work, need alignment plates and ANOTHER long alignment, have to dismount all my wheels and hope they get replaced, the intake manifold is leaking, the speedsturr i waited so long for ISNT an x2000 and that idiot who rear ended me in august bent my bed so my snugtop wont shut right (state farm refused to pay for a bed or anything else, despite the fact my body gaps are all uneven now)..... well i feel slightly better now and i guess i have a list to start working on. so if your still reading this, sorry lol :rant:

anyone got any stories to make me wanna keep the SSS? cause at this point i wouldnt have an issue seeing it go

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA,yep dont quite have the problems you were having however, I did have one hell of a weekend over something as simple as a vette servo install. Get to it about 3pm Saturday start taking it apart, follow directions to a tee and cant get the ****ing e ring off the spring and washer. I finally get so pissed and just muscled it and it came off. Go through the motions of what I thought was an hr project at the most and get it back together @ 8pm. Take it for a test drive. 1st gear winds out to 4k then shifts into 3rd and falls on its face ****! Wait till Sun morn and diagnose the problem. Snap ring fell off the 1st piece in the servo. Put it back on and put it back together for the 2nd time. Take it for a test drive, same thing. ****!! Take it apart for the 4th time and discover its a smaller snap ring. Well of course the 20 parts stores I call dont have em so I wind up getting a rubber o ring and try and make it work. Now the servo wolnt compress because the oring it too thick. Run out and get 2 others, same thing. Call everywhere and GM parts isnt open Sundays. I wait till 7am this morning and go directly to the dealer. Dealer says we dont have em, they can be here by Thurs(need to get to school @ 11am this morning) Get led on a wild goose chase for another 2 hrs and 4 shops dont have em. FInally call a place and they have em(wind up paying more for the snap rings than the servo itself). Get under the truck and now the metal snap ring wolnt go in because the groove isnt accessible. Spend 30mins down there and finally get it. I got blisters on all my fingers, a pissed off attitude and my old man even wrenched under there and got burned on the cat because he was soo pissed that he didnt wanna wait to help reinstall. Finally got it this morning and DAMN am I glad that over. Now the shift kit install is being left to the pros next weekend. END RANT

lets just make this the general ranting thread lol, come on in and get it all out....

heh, welcome to MY LIFE everyday. outsource, a former member on here; had his truck in for a shift kit. now since i got promoted, i dont do ALL the work on the cars, just some. this was a simple shift kit so i gave it to the *former* tranny guy. i get a call at 4 pm that "everything was installed right but it just randomly exploded"...... the guy took NO blame, said it was just too much line pressure, and said he was going on vacation (ironic cause when he came back he didnt have a job lmao). long story short- i am NOT a tranny guy, but i do shift kits and TC swaps in my sleep. once it exploded however, i had to replace the case. who do you think payed for all that? and all the nights till 11 pm trying to figure out everything..... worse of all was he is my friend, and that a lazy install caused all of this. so take your weekend, multiply it by 5 days and about $2k bucks, and you got an average week due to careless human error. odd thing is that guy never did any slacker work, but it will NEVER happen again. i do nearly ALL the work now, i dont trust anyone else.

Keep the truck John, it is a 1 off custom truck that you put you heart and soul in. It is time to dump the T56 and go with a built 4L65e though. Don't sweat it. You will get the little issues worked out, give it time. :chevy:

On a site note, John you said it is okay to :rant: so here I go......

speedo is out of calibration

damn thermostat inlet hose clamp leaking

steering shaft clunk

trans hangs in 2nd gear at WOT

too many rock chips

:banghead:

Still wouldn't trade her for anything. :chevrolet:

dont be scared of tranny mods, i told u guys that it was from carelessness...

Fireman31-i dunno if it was before u came but i had a fully built 65e in there before and it kept failing so i put in a bulletproof t56.... Never thought about the weight affecting the clutch so much

Yeah setbacks are discouraging. No doubt. I totally understand R&R-ing the transmission for the 4th time, etc. :banghead: What helps me:

1) if it was easy, women and little kids would be doing it;

2) character is not what you do on the 2nd or 3rd try, but the 6th or 7th try;

4) you have to keep the vision/dream alive of what you're working towards;

3) a real man steps-up and pays for his mistakes;

5) you are who you surround yourself with.

I applaud you for stepping-up and making things right with your customers even to the point where the people that you relied on basically bailed on their commitment you; finding other like-minded professionals that are both competent and take ownership of their responsibility is a rare combination - these types of people don't come along very often and when they do come into your life these are the people you need to partner with.

This is all about "happiness". A lot of people throw that word around and cannot even really define it; they know when they have it, or when they don't but still cannot say what it is. I offer this - Happiness is simply when you are realizing your dreams. When your dreams come true, you're happy; when your dreams are frustrated, you're unhappy. From what you have shared you are having a lot of personal frtustration in your life lately, you are very legitimately unhappy (I would be too).

Point is, your dreams matter - dream of a kickass truck, fulfilling career, etc. You need to decide if these are still the dreams that you are totally comitted to, stuff you really want to accomplish. Is this still important to you? Then you'll overcome the challenges as you are able. Line your obstacles up smallest to largest and do the smallest ones first and get them out of your way, then tackle the larger ones.

Mr. P. :)

thanks for the replies....

i did make a list on what im gunna do with the SSS, starting today. its going back to my built 65e, which i will fix tonight. then i have to get trans cooler lines, an auto trans brake pedal, some sheet metal (guess what thats for lol), some valve springs, 65e output shaft/front ds yoke, and intake manifold gaskets. its gunna be alot of work, but im hoping it will be worth it. but as for now, it will be for sale....