A Little Discouraged

kelleyperformance

sorry to hear the bad news fellows. Keep your heads up and keeping working at it. I know the shift kit install can be a bitch so i let a shop do it and zippy's kit kicks @ss along with the TBTC. I had to stall her this weekend and burn some rubber(all 4 baby). This weekend I plan to fix my bad cat problem and have the truck running good. Then comes some interior mods and maybe start putting the SS in some shows. She gets lots of looks where ever I go so might as well show her off. I hope to hit the track in the fall with some smaller/lighter wheels and run a few low 13 passes. Next will be a built trans and smaller pulley and 12 seconds passes. I thought about selling her but I think I'll just pay her off and keep her. I love my ss. :cheers:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear the bad news fellows. Keep your heads up and keeping working at it. I know the shift kit install can be a bitch so i let a shop do it and zippy's kit kicks @ss along with the TBTC. I had to stall her this weekend and burn some rubber(all 4 baby). This weekend I plan to fix my bad cat problem and have the truck running good. Then comes some interior mods and maybe start putting the SS in some shows. She gets lots of looks where ever I go so might as well show her off. I hope to hit the track in the fall with some smaller/lighter wheels and run a few low 13 passes. Next will be a built trans and smaller pulley and 12 seconds passes. I thought about selling her but I think I'll just pay her off and keep her. I love my ss. :cheers:

you and i both know that even on those 22s you have low 13 second passess all day long... just gotta get that KR worked out of your tune and get that WOT timing up to at least 20 deg or so. i bet you run below a 13.5 on your first try after that. your loosing about 50-70 awhp running with your WOT timing at like 14 deg like it is

you and i both know that even on those 22s you have low 13 second passess all day long... just gotta get that KR worked out of your tune and get that WOT timing up to at least 20 deg or so. i bet you run below a 13.5 on your first try after that. your loosing about 50-70 awhp running with your WOT timing at like 14 deg like it is

yeah i've got to get some issues worked out. The bad cat & possible vacuum leak could all be affecting the tune. I wonder if lighter/smaller wheels will help lower my times a lot? My nephew has his stock wheels from hi NBS silverado that i might use. it'd be nice to put down some 13.2 times. i'm probably dreaming but sooner or later I'll be in the 12's :cheers:

dont sell the sss...walk into your shop and look at it...thats all it should take to convince you to keep it

haha that would be a bad idea, it looks pretty bad right now

i have had other project cars, not as extreme as my truck is, but worst thing about a project car... once you start cutting and modifiying it, it wont ever be the same...

i bet it is going to be strange driving it again as an automatic...

good luck bro...

exactly what i was thinking..... i actually kept the auto shifter on the column for like 1k miles after i installed the stick, cause i was too used to resting my hand on it LOL

dang kellyp, i think you go through clutches and transmissions like most of us go through oil changes! But we all hope that everything works out for you man, you definitely have one of the baddest trucks on this site... :cheers:

thats a very true statement.... horsepower can be a bitch, especially when mixed with year-round hot&humid weather

yeah i've got to get some issues worked out. The bad cat & possible vacuum leak could all be affecting the tune. I wonder if lighter/smaller wheels will help lower my times a lot? My nephew has his stock wheels from hi NBS silverado that i might use. it'd be nice to put down some 13.2 times. i'm probably dreaming but sooner or later I'll be in the 12's :cheers:

well lets take chase for example. he ran his best times, more than once, on his 22s. and he has a badass set of race tires/wheels. id say at most they lower a few hundreths of a second lol (if you could get a set of stockers to somehow hookup with you AWD guys 60' times)

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

If you're only shooting for 13's I'm not happy. You will be able to go 12's on the 22's.

John, going back to the 65E if anything is going to make the truck live a bit longer between the trans coming out time. I think it's a good choice. That or put in an 80E.

ya id go with the 80e if i hadnt droped so much $$$ in the t-56 setup. i think im going to give the brand new spec clutch ive had sitting in my garage since summer another chance. if it doesnt chatter like spec claims, i might just keep the t-56. i honestly didnt expect a factory GM clutch to hold anything anyways. besides, it slips in my Z06.... all i did was a custom tune and headers. then after the heads/cam/lpe intake system/maf package it really started to chatter after some spirited driving. im actually surprised it held up this long, i got almost 4k miles out of this one lol!

ya i was planning on going on one tomorrow, but the 4L60e in the avalanche is acting up..... perfect.

speaking of that, can somebody explain why GM put a decade-old POS transmission in a 5800lb 14 second truck (thats rated for 8k lbs towing)?

ya i was planning on going on one tomorrow, but the 4L60e in the avalanche is acting up..... perfect.

speaking of that, can somebody explain why GM put a decade-old POS transmission in a 5800lb 14 second truck (thats rated for 8k lbs towing)?

Congress made them do it; it was the only transmission they had which would meet CAFE requirements.

Mr. P.

what does the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) have to due with a tranny lol? the 70e has the same ratios and no less drivetrain loss than the 60e..... the 6.0 comes with the 70e. they shouldve made it the standard tranny for the NBS V8 trucks IMO

what does the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy) have to due with a tranny lol? the 70e has the same ratios and no less drivetrain loss than the 60e..... the 6.0 comes with the 70e. they shouldve made it the standard tranny for the NBS V8 trucks IMO

I meant compared to using the 80E... And I'm surprised, I thought they used the 70E in everything now, I guess they don't :dunno::banghead: