Cams

Plwtwo

To keep it streetable and a nice idle try this one:

Comp Cam PN: 54-424-11

Specs: 212/218 .558/.563 115lsa

That should give you a very nice power increase and a nice stable idle.

The general consensus is anything over .500 lift you'll need springs. The 918 compcam springs will work.

What your goal, 13's 12's?

later,

allen

To keep it streetable and a nice idle try this one:

Comp Cam PN: 54-424-11

Specs: 212/218 .558/.563 115lsa

That should give you a very nice power increase and a nice stable idle.

The general consensus is anything over .500 lift you'll need springs. The 918 compcam springs will work.

What your goal, 13's 12's?

later,

allen

I want to run 12's, what cam should i go with?

i pretty much have to agree with farmtruc's cam selection there. that should be good into the 11's on a boosted application and pretty good into the 12's with that......just add more boost. :jester:

I'm going with a 224/224 .539 114lsa XE lobe.

partially because I have one in my garage :rolleyes: but I think it will be a great cam for the 364. I had it in my 383 stroker camaro and it was very mild but made good power; 457rwhp 448rwtq, NA, heads, boltons.

I'm looking to go into the 12's NA and this should be a great cam for some decent heads and still be well manered on the street with a 3000 stall. If I didn't already have this one, I'd get a 221/221, low 500 lift and 114 or 115lsa.

what size is the stock cam???

I was reading the current issue of HOT ROD and it has an article on the AFR heads for the GEN III engines, if i had 2,500 bucks to blow, plus and install that is what i would go with even if i had no other mods.

C.K.

Wouldn't mind hearing a clip of it at idle when your done. Also, would like to see what kind of gains or losses there is around the stall speed.

I lool forward to some testing of the AFR heads too. :thumbs:

no problem. I'm having a hard time not just throwing it in there! I'll be doing some other easier bolt on's before the cam goes in though.

Wouldn't mind hearing a clip of it at idle when your done. Also, would like to see what kind of gains or losses there is around the stall speed.

I lool forward to some testing of the AFR heads too. :thumbs:

no problem. I'm having a hard time not just throwing it in there! I'll be doing some other easier bolt on's before the cam goes in though.

Keep us updated :D

383ss, do you have LS1 Edit yet? If not, you are going to need it w/ that 224. I don't care if your LS1 stroker ate that cam up, the truck is going to fight it. The electric throttle seems to compound the issue.

Edit was my very first mod. My cam was my first hardware mod. No other mods needed.

I think I'm going to use a custom grind from comp cams its a 224/224 .568 114 lsa I found this cam by calling comp cams and talking to thier LS1 guru. He says it will pull hard with my setup and won't require a tune but I'm going to tune anyways. :fume:

I think I'm going to use a custom grind from comp cams its a 224/224 .568 114 lsa I found this cam by calling comp cams and talking to thier LS1 guru. He says it will pull hard with my setup and won't require a tune but I'm going to tune anyways. :fume:

Did they know that you were putting this in a 5500lb truck? I'm not too up on cams, but I think you're going to loose a lot of your low end with that long of a duration.

I talked to them a while back. They start telling me what I need and then when I tell them that it's going in a heavy truck and he scrubbed the duration numbers he had and gave me something else.

Archived