My Turbo Build

Quik

alright i guess ill make a thread to show some my progress for my turbo build.

to details i have a PTE88. for some thats a precision 88mm turbo. .96ar. i have a Lunati 408 shortblock, ill be topping it off with a set of AFR 225 LBs, LS2 intake. my goals are 4 digits on the dyno, run mid 10s in full weight trim minus tires/wheels. i also have a 50mm Tial BOV on its way and will be picking up a 60 tial WG in near future. im using an Ebay 4" core, my intake tubing is

3" stainless then exiting and going to TB with 4". ill be running a 4" downpipe with exhaust and exiting out the side as my old exhaust once did. all tubing will be powdercoated and the hot side will be jet-hot'd.

anyways now onto the pics

1204072148.jpg

1204072149.jpg

1204072149a.jpg

1204072149b.jpg

1204072150.jpg

1204072150a.jpg

1204072154.jpg

if some are concerning, my air compressor died so i couldnt do anymore cutting for the night, so some tubes need trimed up.

also to some of the gurus that done this if you see anything out of ordinary please comment on it

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could go 10's on stock cube motor with a 76, so we know its got enough motor and turbo to go 10's. You will be fighting high p/r's from the exhaust housing when doing so though. 1000fwhp yes, 1000 to the tires....no, especially if its awd. Looks very nice though, that intercooler should do the job nicely too. Its similar to Blackburn's and he went 119 with full weight in 85 degree heat(3200ft DA), with lots of meth. The heads are a nice choice because of the deck thickness too, should stay down with what power you will make.

:cool: I'm calling shotgun. :D I do not know enough about turbo sizing to say if 88 is too big or not but from the looks of things I say your effort looks very well researched and top-drawer on the install; and I really like your choice of heads. :thumbs: Who did the headers - is that Allen Nelson's kit?

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

You could go 10's on stock cube motor with a 76, so we know its got enough motor and turbo to go 10's. You will be fighting high p/r's from the exhaust housing when doing so though. 1000fwhp yes, 1000 to the tires....no, especially if its awd. Looks very nice though, that intercooler should do the job nicely too. Its similar to Blackburn's and he went 119 with full weight in 85 degree heat(3200ft DA), with lots of meth. The heads are a nice choice because of the deck thickness too, should stay down with what power you will make.

truck is a 2wd 6spd setup. same turbo that Mightymouse runs, also same as i recall what parish put down 1011rwhp/1090rwtq being 4wd. not sure exactly what numbers ill hit but those are my goals if i come up a hair short thats fine. just building something a little on the fun side.

:cool: I'm calling shotgun. :D I do not know enough about turbo sizing to say if 88 is too big or not but from the looks of things I say your effort looks very well researched and top-drawer on the install; and I really like your choice of heads. :thumbs: Who did the headers - is that Allen Nelson's kit?

Mr. P. :)

the driverside is a stock 6.0 manifold, the passengerside is a 2.5" log i got off KBracing96. its all my own fab work. im in process of redoing the 3" charge pipe didnt like how it looked

Well today i redid my 3" pipe. along with doing that i mocked up my 4" IC to Tb tubing. hopefully tomorrow i can get them fully welded and possibly to the powdercoater within the next few days

1206072022.jpg

1206072021b.jpg

1206072021a.jpg

1206072021.jpg

1206072018a.jpg

1206072018.jpg

1206072017.jpg

1206072057a.jpg

1206072057.jpg

1206072047.jpg

That thing is a pretty sweet looking setup! :P I really like how clean your engine compartment looks with the way the tubing is run. You should have no problem of reaching your goal with that. Whats the rest of the drivetrain gonna be to hold up to that kinda power as far as tranny and rear end?

Eric

That thing is a pretty sweet looking setup! :P I really like how clean your engine compartment looks with the way the tubing is run. You should have no problem of reaching your goal with that. Whats the rest of the drivetrain gonna be to hold up to that kinda power as far as tranny and rear end?Eric
i have an 06 14 bolt with a TA girdle. if that fails then ill step up the carrier. axles are i believe 33splinethe trans i have a McCloud bellhousing, a D&D viper spec'd T56, a billet steel SFI flywheel, a RAM VDS clutch. thanks the plan was to have it real clean looking. some may be concern with my hoses im going to Fab some up using aluminum tubingtoday i got all my cold side welded up, tomorrow hopefully mocking up my crossover

thats going to be one fun setup man , i just hope that trans can handle that power with your weight.

yea thanks, as for trans i hope its good. has all the good internals and a 30spline output shaft. well if anything i hope clutch fails before trans

yea thanks, as for trans i hope its good. has all the good internals and a 30spline output shaft. well if anything i hope clutch fails before trans

that would be my guess as to what fails first but i think you ll get a couple good passses out of it.