My Turbo Build

Quik

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that from the new perches?

Alot of your injector issue is from the rpm. The higher the rpm is going to make for high IDC's naturally. If you want it to live you're better off at more boost and less rpm. Even a 4.8L isn't going to live long at that rpm with those boost levels.

Is that from the new perches?

Alot of your injector issue is from the rpm. The higher the rpm is going to make for high IDC's naturally. If you want it to live you're better off at more boost and less rpm. Even a 4.8L isn't going to live long at that rpm with those boost levels.

yea the perches. the welds didnt hold. :( i know high rpms tax duty cycle but thought id still be good but guess not. only downfal with less rpm is the powerband on how this truck is. im going to find a smaller wastegate spring and run lower numbers and see why the wastegate isnt controlling the boost

updates. i had a cracked floor on my fast 90. so i had a idle and driving issue. swapped on the ls2 i had and made my rails work. first thing i noticed is the tune is now rich. ported fast vs ls2 no comparison. the fast was stronger out of boost

ok i been having overboost issues. found them to be im using a tial 60mm gate. read that their springs were rated wrong. basically double. so my 15spring was seeing 30psi with no controller. makes sense why i seen a spike of 25 or so. tossed in the 10 spring and still seen like 20. i was pulling hairs at this point. i put in the 5psi spring and as the guy on tech said i would see double. and i did, i finally was able to go wot with control. the gauge is reading bout 8psi which take into account of pressure drop is right there with 10psi which is double the spring. im going to play with tune for now with no boost controller then hook up controller later on

now as for comparision...at this current moment the truck isnt as fast as my 408. least i dont think so. if i had to compare this combo its probably right there with my 6litre. which im fine with i wanted 1/10th faster then the 6litre to start off at and this way i can get used to the turbo setup.

good call on the vacuum leak. is the fast intake under warranty or anything?

no i had bought it used and knew floor was cracked. i had tried to fix it with some epoxy but i guess when i spiked those few times it blew the epoxy loose. ill tear it apart and fix it for the camaro

Game over.....that spike i had from the spring being wrong from Tial did more damage then I originally thought. motor the last time i had it idling is now only 3in of vaccum and doesnt go up or down plus a tickin and i had noticed soem condensation in the exhaust at first fire up. never gave it one thought. the tune today just keep saying it was rich and other night it was spot on out of boost.

:(

well i believe i found alot of my issues. first thing i noticed. i pulled my old injectors and yes a few were dripping. these i bought off ebay claimed 60lbers... they ohm'd out to be 12 for a reading. so i borrowed a set of 42s for now. they ohm out to be 16 these are bascially brand new. i installed these and didnt see any drips. but pressure did drop again. when i took rail off i noticed i still have fuel in the rail that the regulator was mounted to. well i went over entire feed and then took it part. i pulled filter apart and notice debris in the screen. i also notice some real small particles that might of went thru the screen. [might have clogged injectors]. well i cleaned filter and noticed the liquid i was pouring thru was coming out other side of my line. so i tore it part at the checkvalve. and noticed the flap didnt seem right. cleaned that and tested. yupp it leaks. tore it apart and tried again. again it leaks. it holds air one way but doesnt hold liquid. so my bleeding off is from the walboros and the earls check valve not working so i wasted money with this product. [over winter going ot make some changes now]

next issue to address. see if the spike hurt motor....

did a compression check and motor reads as follows

1=150 2=145

3=145 4=145

5=150 6=145

7=150 8=145

these were all done with a snap-on gauge

ok next test was a leak down. so i started pulling valve cover off to check for valves being bent again and good. as i noticed i pulled the booster line and i had vaccum on this [good sign]

so did a leak down and this motor is claimed to be a 7k mile motor

1=2% 2=1%

3=1% 4=1%

5=1% 6=2%

7=1% 8=1%

guess motor checks out. so tomorrow going to toss plugs back in and give it a try again. i believe my fuel issue was the bad injectors....least motor is sound

• 4 weeks later...

ok another update. threw in a working set of 60s. got the idle working again. so went out threw in some more WW set the knob at 6. turned the boost knob up to half way on the low setting and off i went. at 18* timing non the less. so made a couple pulls. mostly 3rd and part of 4th just to see how this truck is.

all i can say is godly. i hit 18psi. i was shooting for 16. 10.7 AFR. its insane i thought 9 was fast i thought 13 was fast. now this is flat out insane. i now need brakes. i was short shifting at 6k instead of 6800rpms. i checked motor and no unusualy noises, no coolant anywhere good vaccum again.

traction is a joke now. i went around a bend on rte 51 and not even more then half throttle the ass kicked out and started drifting to the right. so i stayed in it and feather the gas and pulled off a drift for about 60 feet around the bend. it was great. earlier before that after i did the first log and uploaded the changes i went to do another pull some dude on a bike was in front so i let him get a good distance on me so i had plenty of room to test out the truck. i got up on his ass from a stop in matter of seconds. so much that i had to hold brakes to floor and barely slowed down in time. its time to get a large brake kit. looks like no more skinnies at the track after that my stomach dropped. i never fetl acceration like that ever. i have a CBR 1krr and thats a mid 10 bike with me on it. and the feeling my truck gave me isnt no where near what the bike does. this flat out runs

o btw 18psi in 4th is a joke for clutch

need a camera guy, also since we are suppose to get our first snow coating i think truck is in garage for rest of year. i might trailer it down ATCO or is it Cecil and see what it runs but my clutch hates me so i not sure if that is such a good idea

• 5 months later...