Poor Fm Reception On Stock Radio

phreak

i've owned this truck for almost a week now and notice the fm reception isn't that great. i've listened to the same stations in other vehicles in the similiar area and reception is fine. anyone else have a problem like this? just wondering if this is something that can be fixed or have to live with it.

Do you happen to be using one of the 12 volt sockets to charge a cell phone, use a radar detector etc? I know when I am charging my cell phone the FM reception is horrible and I can not listen to it. I always just listen to XM or CDs when that happens.

Do you happen to be using one of the 12 volt sockets to charge a cell phone, use a radar detector etc? I know when I am charging my cell phone the FM reception is horrible and I can not listen to it. I always just listen to XM or CDs when that happens.
bingo.... after work i'll try unplugging my radar detector and see if that's the culprit. :cheers:

guess that'll give me alittle more motivation to hardware my v1.

Edited by phreak (see edit history)

bingo.... after work i'll try unplugging my radar detector and see if that's the culprit. :cheers:

guess that'll give me alittle more motivation to hardware my v1.

You might also make sure the FM antenna is there and tight. I know it sounds dumb, but when I bought my truck, it was missing. I had to call the dealer to get them to replace it.

well... i tried unplugging my v1 and still the crappy reception continued. i check the antenna and it was tight. guess i'll have the dealer take a look when i bring it in for the steering wheel clunk.

well... i tried unplugging my v1 and still the crappy reception continued. i check the antenna and it was tight. guess i'll have the dealer take a look when i bring it in for the steering wheel clunk.

#1 - My radio always had the weak FM signal .... I just use the XM and CD's ... after the Antenna Delete .. it did get worse.

#2 - Make sure they replace the shaft with the new model. It will cure the clunk ... if they don't, and just lube the old one. Take it back in about 2 months for the "Clunck" and again if they don't .... They will finally give you the new upgraded part.