tailgate lip

ralphie

Mine's black so color choice was easy. I dunno if they can match your blue but guess they could. Looks like all the competitors in this field can do a variety of colors. You could go standard black, alittle contrast but conventional. Blue to match & continue the montone theme. Or perhaps a grey to match the interior and give a different contrast style. Thought about grey myself but decided to play it safe. Choose whatever appeals to you most, you afterall are the one who has to live with it. :thumbs:

i have a blue 03, and i went with a black spray in liner up to the lip, but used the forementioned 3m on all the top facing areas. that way you cant see my protection, and i maintain the all round euro solid color look. except for the damn taz sticker my wife made me make and put on...doah.

have had forklifts hit mine a few times...can't really see unless you look close...

:eek:

SSMinn, what are you hauling that requires a forklift to load it into your truck? (if you don't mind sharing...)

On the tailgate cap - another option would be to get a spray in bedliner and have them coat the tailgate cap too. I guess this depends on your paint color and whether or not you have or plan to get a bed cover of some sort. I imagine some of the bed covers would work with an over-the-rail liner...

bringing parts and other things to and from customers...i usually load and unload the truck myself...mainly due to the fact that the first time i let my shipping guy do it he ran into the tailgate cap...and the guy that lifted the skid out did the same...

i was going to do the liner over it..but the guy said that the coating will not bond to the plastic...so they could not do it...

:chevy: I just got back from having Line-x put on my Arrival Blue 04 . I opted for the under the rails not over it. It looks great and I got a killer deal on it. The guy at the Line-x place said he had done a couple of SS's before me, and he talked me out of going over the rails. He said to try it like this and if it gets scatched up to come back and do it then. I decided to try it. I know its a truck but it won't ever be hauling anything that big. I got it because it looks good and goes fast :cheers:

• 2 months later...

My cap was getting scratched up with little or no use. I decided to convert to the 2004 Silverado black cap with the GM bed rail caps. I personally like the look, I will take some pics in the next couple of days and post them for everyone to check out. It is much better now knowing that I don't have to worry about scratching the cap.

Archived