Zippy Kits

I was thinking about posting the parts used and instructions for how to get them and what to do with them if people are interested. I've had many requests for them lately and I just can't get enough of them out to people right now. Work has been so busy and each shift kit takes all of a half a hour to put together or more. I'm kind gauging interest for those looking. You'd still be getting the same parts this way and just as much help, but without having to go through me. I feel bad that I can't answer all of my pm's for these and others. I try to only answer stuff if I have time to really give a real answer so too many are going unanswered.

Starting list of parts:

Boost Valves:

Sonnax 77898E-K. Fits 4L60/65E up to 2005.

Sonnax 77898E-7K Fits 4L60/65/70E 2005 and up.

Intermediate Servo:

Corvette Servo. Original equipment in many vehicles besides just the Corvette, but given the name since it originated in the Corvette transmissions. I recomend this for mild naturally asperated applications. It is a very good improvement over the stock truck servo with a better 2-3 accumulator and more apply area.

Superior Products K012. This is a nicely machined billet servo that I recomend using for nitrous, supercharged, and higher rpm naturally asperated applications. The 2-3 accumulator is improved here by basicly being eliminated. The surface apply area of the billet servo is 30% more than the Corvette Servo. Aside from the occasional clip failure these work very well. They are best suited to direct bolt in applications. Rarely does a pin change come into effect by using this servo kit.

Sonnax Super Hold 77911-03K. This is a nicely machined billet servo with a different design from the Superior Products version, but works as nice or nicer. I personally only recomend using this if you are doing a rebuild as you will certainly want to check the pin length (checing pin length in the truck is just too much work). This is probably the best servo to be using as long as you properly install it.

Spacer Plate:

GM 24241783. This is the latest update from GM with the gasket bonded to the valve body and new style screens built into the spacer plate.

Clutch kits:

Raybestos RCPBP-21 for the 3-4 clutch set. This is an 8 plate Blue series clutch kit. These have been the strongest I've found for the 3-4 and if used with the standard/non-coated steels that are included in the kit they are very good for overall life. Quite often some race type clutches wear out quicker sorta like running a softer compound tire. They slip alot less, but have less overall life. For the 3-4 clutch set this is by far the recomended (by me) set to use.

Due to pricing and cost of the kits I will no longer be selling them other than on installs. The kits are still available. I can get you the parts list and phone number of who I buy my trans parts through. The last kit I put together to send out I had over $260 into with shipping and sold for $250. I will be filling the last 3 orders I have and that will be all for a while.

I was thinking about posting the parts used and instructions for how to get them and what to do with them if people are interested. I've had many requests for them lately and I just can't get enough of them out to people right now. Work has been so busy and each shift kit takes all of a half a hour to put together or more. I'm kind gauging interest for those looking. You'd still be getting the same parts this way and just as much help, but without having to go through me. I feel bad that I can't answer all of my pm's for these and others. I try to only answer stuff if I have time to really give a real answer so too many are going unanswered.

That would be great...I am looking to get the kit anytime soon...as well as a reprogrammed PCM..

I'm going shopping with the boss today for wedding stuff, but I'll try to get all of this info posted later. I'll also try to post everything I can think of for 60/65/70E info. This would be a good time for some to post questions because I'll forget to post some things.

I will prolly end up buying the shift kit that you have put together, however, I was wondering if you would be able to do a favor...The speed shop that I want to have the kit installed by is alittle hesitant to install b/c they do not like to install kits that were put together by other b/c if the part(s) are incorrect or there is more parts required then they dont have a company to contact to have the remaining or correct parts to complete the job...I was wondering whenever I get all the stuff for the shift kit would you just be able to contact them on the day of the install to help alievate some of their concerns.....I also was wondering if I would still be able to purchase a reprogramed pcm tuned for all the current mods...

Thanks

I'm also at looking at getting a shift kit for my 4L70E. I took a look at your website, but I guess I have a few questions. Does the Tow package come with the servos also or are the servos only offered in Zippy Kit? Do I have to drop my trans to install your kit? And does the Zipy Kit really bang into second gear hard at part throttle. As my truck will be a daily driver and being stuck in Hawaii traffic, I really don't want to have my truck bang into second to hard. Unless I put the peddle to the floor.

I have the 4L70e and would like to know how it differs from the 4L65e. I heard it has the vette servo already?

How does the 4L70e kit differ from the 4l65e kit?

The 70 does not have the corvette servo. It is larger than the vet but smaller than the 553 that we see in most trucks. The later units that we have been seeing have a shorter boost valve sleeve. Also some units have an input speed sensor. The problem here is that that pump needs to be removed in order to install the boost valve and the pressure regulator springs. This is caused by a ridged harness that is in the way.

Here are a couple photo's of the servo's. This first one has the sonnax on the left, corvette middle, and the tbss/70 on the right.

IMG_3600.jpg

I'll have to see if I have any pictures with the late pump with the ISS. Vince

Here is another picture of the sonnax, vet, 70/tbss, 553 and the 554.

IMG_3595.jpg

For an upgrade rebuild I'd recomend going with a Raybestos Pro-Series band. For a clutch upgrade I'd go with the Raybestos Blue Plate clutches. They used to be available in the full kit form for the 8 plate kits, but not anymore. The most important clutch set is the 3-4 and for that you'll want to use RCPBP-21 and if you want the rest of the parts that used to be from the full kit buy RCPBP-04.