Cross-up Burn-out

Had a wonderful full cross-up burnout today, WOW Cool. Turning left, going overa small rise, going to full throttle. Rear tires broke really nice, fronts were fighting it, jerking and grabbing, but the just couldn't grip. Went from 3/4 right to full lock left before it finally thru me down the road. Now I'm not going to lie to you guys and say it was dry hot pavement, it was wet, but not raining. And it was cool! :thumbs::cool:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome,

I still can't get over how hard it is to break those tires loose. People look at me strange when I say the SS's can't peal out and laugh when I say breaking the tires loose is a huge acomplishment. Little do they know, lol.

Keep the mods coming Plwtwo, I think you're on your way to 12's pretty soon, with all those mods you were talking about.

later,

allen

I say the first person to be able to smoke all four tires on a takeoff for a decent amount of time is the SSS chief(using stock tires). What do you guys think? :chevy:

There is a spot about a mile or two from here where I did a burnout that left marks for about 20ft(est.), stopped for about 20ft (hit a damp spot, again estimated), and then marks for about another 20ft, before it grabbed good. Had the burnt rubber smell in the cab and everything. :D I was trying to bring up the temps in my tranny - checking out my new tranny cooler. I was going to post a pic, but thought it would be kind of anti-climatic. The marks start in one lane and end in the opposite lane.

A properly tuned (I don't fit in that category) blown SS, w/at least a 2600 stall could easily lay down rubber. Maybe even some NA guys. The stall would have to be the common factor, though.

judging by how hard the nitrous'd and blown trucks spin with a stall, it sounds like a burnout may be needed at the track to warm the tires up a bit and get a clean rubber surface. after rolling through the water, the should just go up in smoke for long enough to get them clean and warm.

Ben.....May I call you daddy? LOL :cheers: That is exactly what I'm working towards!!!!

You need to call Allen, get him to work a tune for you and send it to you. I bet even a swap version would give you more HP's.

BTW, was at Knowledge, with my old buddy Joe, the adapters should be there this week. We were working on something to even the field with you Radix guys,

;) hopefully we can get it going soon. No peeking!!!! :D

Ben.....May I call you daddy? LOL  :cheers:  That is exactly what I'm working towards!!!!

You need to call Allen, get him to work a tune for you and send it to you.  I bet even a swap version would give you more HP's. 

BTW, was at Knowledge, with my old buddy Joe, the adapters should be there this week.  We were working on something to even the field with you Radix guys,

;)  hopefully we can get it going soon.  No peeking!!!! :D

You need that cam that's in the garage, in the truck. It's only about a 5-6 hour job. You need to get busy.

What do you mean even the field? Is a KB lacking in cool weather? I don't think so. How much boost are you getting with the KB setup?

Right Now....8psi at 4500 rpm. As far as the cam, I'm waiting on my AFR heads, they are building them this week, supposedly and its a little out of my comfort zone! I'll take the boost up to 9 or 10 psi after that. I'm putting the headers on this week..... :smash:

AFR CNC'd 205cc with 76cc chambers....they don't know anything else until they get them built.

CompCam 54-426-11 275.277.222.224 .566 .568

but I'm using 1.8 rockers so that increases it to .6014 lift

I'm waiting to hear from AFR, on the springs and valves for that much lift. If that will even work.....may need to go with 1.7 rockers.. :smash:

Archived