Cross-up Burn-out

AFR CNC'd 205cc with 76cc chambers....they don't know anything else until they get them built.

CompCam 54-426-11      275.277.222.224  .566 .568 

but I'm using 1.8 rockers  so that increases it to  .6014 lift

I'm waiting to hear from AFR, on the springs and valves for that much lift.  If that will even work.....may need to go with 1.7 rockers.. :smash:

:eek: Man, you're approaching into f-body/vette lift area. I have ported heads to 77cc, 2.02/1.55 valves, comp 921 springs. My lift is nowhere near yours - .559/.564. This is a daily driver right? Seems you would be pushing the limits on the springs regularly - what is the limit on your springs? I would stick with the stock 1.7s and you may not have to get in there as often. I would think that you are close to having clearance issues - I don't know the limit on that. I think spring breakage will be something that you may get used to. I hope double springs were on the list.

I would go with a custom cam and get my lift where I wanted that way, vice getting 1.8 ratio rockers also. Custom cam is $400 versus $400 cam and $500+ 1.8 rockers.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did Allen also recommend the 1.8s?

I don't think i mentioned the rockers, i never do , i don't think they're worth the 700$,

That cam though is great, after I pick a cam out , I call the comp cam help line just to get a second opinion and see what they say sure enough they agreed.

So do you guys see anything wrong with that cam? Just wondering, I hope you still get it Pltwo.

Just to let you know, I've tuned a couple of big cams in big ass trucks, and contrary to most ppl's opinion, they don't loose power and they turn out great.

The last one i just did have like a 228/232, .580 112lsa, that big truck hauls ass!!!

If i had the right heads for it, that flowed well, i'd put in a .600 lift in a heartbeat. The springs comp cams make are good for over .650 lift, plus i believe the 03 ls6 springs are rated at .600 or so.

later,

allen

I didn't think you had recommended the 1.8s.

I wouldn't mind going to a larger cam if I didn't suffer in the low end. We'll see if me and Pltwo can line up together in KS. If he gets the heads on, we'll be the only two blown/head combos - on here anyway. (Noticed I separated "blown" and "head" :jester: ) Could be more by then - Eric? He could influence me to go bigger. May bring one with me, just in case. :D

I didn't think you had recommended the 1.8s.

I wouldn't mind going to a larger cam if I didn't suffer in the low end. We'll see if me and Pltwo can line up together in KS. If he gets the heads on, we'll be the only two blown/head combos - on here anyway. (Noticed I separated "blown" and "head" :jester: ) Could be more by then - Eric? He could influence me to go bigger. May bring one with me, just in case. :D

Heads will happen the second I get a certain check from the IRS. :D

Where are you guys getting your prices from? Crane 1.8 rockers are around $350... Tbyrne has them for $399, another place for $349, and I think I can get them for $320 from the guy doing the cam/head install. I had changed my Saleen over to 1.7's and it made a big difference. (So my thinking is if I go to 1.8's it should make a big difference.) The 1.8's were my idea, before the cam, and yes I may have to step back to the next cam down, which would be .593 lift w/1.8 rockers. Everything is up in the air until AFR makes the #%$%^$* heads. Which should be anyday now.....They won't discuss any specific details about anything concerning the heads. So I wait.........

(I'm also considering the CompCam Rod mounted rocker set up , but it is around $800. They are available in 1.7 or 1.8.)

It's been my experience, that big cams don't nessecarily lose a lot low end, of course that always depends on all the other mods.

(BTW, I'm installing my AZM Headers tonight.)

Waiting isn't my best quality!

Archived