New Times

smoke03

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 60' doesnt seem right. They say 1 tenth drop in 60' is 2 tenths dropped in the 1/4. So if that is correct, a 2.0 should put you at about a 14.30. Your MPH seems a little low also. Temps seem alright but what was the DA? I take it you are running on stock 20s? Your times on some 16s should be closer to mine.

Check out CenWaSS's truck. He has an 05 AWD and went 14.39 with CAI, Corsa catback, and Nelson tune on some tahoe 16s. He now added Dynatech LTs and should be running it soon............

I agree that the 60' time is very slow. The headers should have added torque from about 2800rpm on up. If you look at the track times list most stock converter trucks pull 60' times around 2.12 or so and the exceptional one's like Bob47 have went 2.031 and still pulled off over 94mph trap speed on the 20's with minimal mods. I wouldn't be pre-loading the stock converter that hard, you aren't gaining anything by doing so other than building up alot of heat in the trans and engine at the line. I would think that something is causing KR* right off the line and carrying on the rest of the way through. I would recomend checking to make sure your headers aren't touching something causing a bit of false KR*. You would be best off having someone log your truck during a wide open run to about 100mph. I'd bet that if Charlie had your truck in person to tune you'd pick up alot of time.

If you could meet someone at the track from the forum or something like that with a laptop a simple log would provide a ton of info for not only you, but your tuner (via e-mailing your log to him).

• 3 weeks later...
creates another problem...nobody around here has the software to do it. Im probably going to have to make a road trip. What causes knock retard any way? (besides headers hitting?)

heat, too much timing, poor fuel quality (octane), high compression. . . .all of these things can cause detonation, they need to all work togather

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

Isn't KR when the gas explodes before the spark happens? Like the diesel that blows when compressed.

gas doesnt explode it burns. but yes when the fuel dentonates (autospark) it triggers the knock sensor volatge (KR) then pulls timing away to protect the motor :chevy: