I Need Some Help Deciding On A Tire

8hnpSS

Tires  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Witch tire would you buy?

• Perelli Scorpion ATR
    • Falken Ziex S/TZ-01
    • Different tire (please specify in post)

picked my Falken s/TZ-01 275 55 20 on ebay shipped to the door 491 all for and the ups guy offered me 800 cause he wanted them... Said nope i need them on the ss to get to work... These tires are awsome in the 10" of snow and in the rain...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier someone mentioned the Nitto 420's.

I've been running those on my AWD Magnum for two summers now.

Awesome tire. Long wearing and quiet. Really good value.

Not sure how they'd be in the snow though if thats a concern.

I live in northern MN, picked up a set of Yokohama Parada spec-x from the tire rack last fall at 145 a tire. A little rougher ride than the factory goodyears I had, but seem like a good tire for the cost. I've been pounding around in the snow all winter, no complaints... Can't really say how they'll perform beating around in the summertime, but I'll send something back in a couple months...

i have Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 since december of 06 on my awd and love them....we had 15" of snow last year and drove through it like it wasnt there...keep a eye on the pressure...im running 45 psi in mine

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my truck, but it has a set of Kumho's (275-55-20) on it. I have minor mods and haven't been able to spin the tires on dry roads, and tried at 20MPH on wet roads to no avail. I haven't had the opportunity to try wet roads from a dead stop.

Just put Toyo Proxy S/T on the TBSS ... drove through dry, wet, sleet, snow, and hydroplaning situations ... performed awesome in all events. I'm AWD also. Good tire and it looks good :thumbs:

• 5 months later...
I like Nitto 420S

Nitto 420s great tire

Bfg's G force

both Nitto and Bfg are great tires a lil pricey but you get what you pay for...

pirelli's are not that great of a product its just the name personally i would say they are way over-priced!

Toyo is also a great product but Nitto and Toyo are made by the same manufacturer...(I think could be wrong though)

Edited by OneSlickSilvy (see edit history)