I Need Some Help Deciding On A Tire

8hnpSS

Tires  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Witch tire would you buy?

• Perelli Scorpion ATR
    • Falken Ziex S/TZ-01
    • Different tire (please specify in post)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pirelli's are not that great of a product its just the name personally i would say they are way over-priced!

I love my Scorpion ATRs, and Consumer Reports recommends them. They have excellent ratings from others as well. If you can find a decent price, they are worth looking at........I payed $520 for 4 shipped right to my front door.

I run BFG KDW II on both the SSS (285 55 20) and the BMW 850i (295 35 18 rear/ 255 40 18 front) and love them, I also run the pirelli scorpion ATR's on my 03 gmc 2500 HD and they are ok, very good road manners not so good off road, but all weather is good... I would recomed either for an SSS that sees all weather types.

I need to get some new tires really badly but I cant decide witch one to get. Iv heard alot of good things about the Scorpions and alot of good things about that Falkens. If you choose the Different tire choice please keep in mind that I need an all season tire and my limit is about 150 per tire. Thanks for the input in advance. :D

Falkens - http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...rd=20&ar=55

Scorpions - http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...rd=20&ar=55

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just mounted a set of Yokohama Parada Spec X (275/55-20). They aren't the most aggressive tread pattern, but are speed rated, a little stiffer in the sidewall, and grip like crazy in both wet and dry. And they have been a fantastic snow tire here in Northern Wisconsin. Take a look!!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic.jsp?s...l=Parada+Spec-X

I got them locally, installed OTD for about $750.

Tire rack rates them very well - and many of the users have outstanding comments.

Edited by KzooVette (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i have about 9000 miles on the falkens i got from discounttire i have had no trouble they ride nice are great in the rain never been in the snow they are on my good rims they are wearing nice never need air i will buy them again i dont have the money to pay for the other tires name i'm very happy these tires