Powder Coat

im frm southern CAli 951 area and ive been seeing a lot of lifted trucks wit powder coat rims, i would like to do the same to mine im black,(which would look better? the shiny blak or the other black that looks all dry?) but i dont know any shops in my area that do it, anyone got any info?

post-12619-1206993913_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be Bumping all these threads, but Cheo appearently did the same thing that Im trying to do.

Cheo, what happened? U found anything?

My truck is black 2, and I want get the 22s Black... they are Chrome. :(

im frm southern CAli 951 area and ive been seeing a lot of lifted trucks wit powder coat rims, i would like to do the same to mine im black,(which would look better? the shiny blak or the other black that looks all dry?) but i dont know any shops in my area that do it, anyone got any info?

ROMOLAND? HA! The wife used to live there and we have some good friends that still live there.

On the powder coating, up here in Ridgecrest I got my 20 inch Centerline Snipers powder coated black and love em. After talking to allot of different people I went with the semi gloss, not quite gloss but still shiney and allot more durable than the high gloss. Cost, $50.00 per wheel

I'm syre there are places in Riverside that could do them for you, PM Chase, he lives in the area. I believe he could probably hook ya up.

dude ur wife used to live in romoland sik!! yup thats wer i live at. 50 per wheel sounds goooD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that semi-gloss is the color that i want as well, but i have to wait cause i neeed to save uo $$$ and get new tires and new pitman arms and idlers \=.....wer at in riverside????

yo huston!! still have not found anything WBU?

post-12619-1210436388_thumb.jpg

$50 a freakin wheel? CRAP.

That's cheap.

I havent really bothered asking at Body/Paint Shops, but I guess I will start.

Around how long does it take?

From dropping the wheels off, to picking them back up- I mean.

As far as how long, just depends on how busy the shop is. I caught my local shop at a good time, buisness was slow when I took mine in and they were just fixing to "bake" some black items so they sand blasted mine and powder coated them very quickly/ For me the total turn around time was only 2 days.

BTW, I'll post some pics next week. I'm waiting to reveal my truck until I put my Baer Brake System, TAP girdle and Radix on.

Too bad you don't live in Indy, i got a guy that's going to do my rims gloss black for 100/set. Another powdercoating shop quoted 270/set. good luck.

Hey Avon who is your guy in Indy, I am looking in to having some stuff PC'd for my truck and fourwheeler and I am just south of Indy. Does he do anything or just smaller stuff?