Cai

chpspecial

this weekend i got a chance to log a volant cold air intake and have made a few observations. So for anyone that is looking into getting a cold air intake here is what I have seen

AEM runs about 1-2* above ambient temp. under full throtle and heatsoaks when the vehicle is stopped to 10-15* but comes down very quickly.

KNN heat soaks much more than both the volant and the AEM and and comes down to 6-10* above ambient. Usually about 6-8*. it also takes longer to drop in temp from the AEM.

The Volant runs about 2-4* above ambient under loand and heat soak is managed faster than the KNN but slower than the AEM.

Hope this helps some of you out, and all three truck are very similar in mods and all are 06's

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: my only question, which flows the best of the three? or are the three similar in terms of flow other then the differences in IATs?

i would asume the AEM because it has the biggest tube, 4" and the biggest filter, 9"x6", but im not 100% positive just an educated guess

lookin to buy an AEM 10zin?

well i would have... was this information available like 5 days ago :( i just ordered a volant got it for 280 ........ with the powercore filter no oil hopefully it works good... i got it cuz so many ppl on here have it and iv yet to hear anything bad about them and they look real good... do u have aem? and got a Q do u buy ur stuff from stores around here in Anchorage or from online/ebay?... oh and do you ride the strip? its the place where all the ppl who race cars go to.... its northern lights and spanard and benson... they keep going in circles on those streets.... let me know cuz i got couplde of frinds with sTi's and other coars who do...... alot of ppl get pulled over >_<