Removing A/c

RacerJJ

why not just remove the belt and leave it attached till you take it to the track and stop by a shop to vac it out. just my .02 cents

I'm with you on this one... Last summer my belt broke for my A/C and with out that belt = compressor will not spin = no cold air = no wasted HP. Just a thought until you can get it evaced. :cheers:

I think the thing to do is to do it in your garage, I nark you off and collect 25 grand, then I split it with you. You can have the first EPA sponsored SSS!!!

Either that, or try to collect the gas into a balloon. :jester:

Nice try but I think not!

I don't think so, I believe a special "recapturing" machine is required however you might be able to take the truck to an A/C shop and they may evacuate it for free since they get to keep the gas.

+1, yeah take it to any shop and ask em to hook up their AC machine and evacuate and vacumn the system, they get to keep a couple lbs of R-134 so you both come out ahead. Even if they want to charge you $$$ it shouldnt be much.