Silverado Ss L92 H/c

detjoe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to try this out..

What is all that is needed for the L92 conversion? Also, what's a decent DD cam to use, i drive 20K a year don't want anything too ridiculous..

:driving:

This thread basically lists out everything you will need I believe. I'm not a cam expert but L92 heads from what I hear like smaller cams with a split in duration and higher lift (+.600), maybe the Comp LSR 265LR HR12? (215/223, .607/.610 112lsa) might be a good DD cam as it doesn't have much lope and can work with stock converter, worked good in my 5.3L.

This is a great build and thread for anyone looking to do the L92 Swap on one of these motors. I read though it a couple of times while I was building my motor. pepsicheer.gif

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

I tried to answer all these types of questions, read it over :) I did not hide anything :) cam choice was more difficult then, now alot of guys have tried different cams But yes smaller is better with L92 with your displacement is 6.0l

I'll probably be PMing you with some questions when I get my build going Joe. I'll try not to ask anything you covered in this thread, I've read through it about 4-5 times now. Haha. Great write up!

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...