Silverado Ss L92 H/c

detjoe

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

detjoe, that vacuum hose just behind the throttlebody, where it running to?

swaps complete, just doing some fine tuning and checking things out, so far i am impressed with the swap and glad i done it.. sounds really strong, hadnt drove it yet, still have some small issues need resolving...but all in all seems badazz

I connected it with some fuel line and figured I could tune it out if it gave me any issues.

ok but what did you connect it to? i dont have the evap system and its been tuned out.. dunno i'll look further into it tomorrow .. thanks

there is not line comming from the back of the engine, with the fuel lines???

I believe the function is the valve opens allowing the unused gas back into the tank...if its turned of I would cap it or use it for a vaccume source?? I needed one to connect to the pass valve cover, but there was one in the L92 airtube b4 TB

• 4 weeks later...

UPdate: My old trans with shift kit/converter was removed by the dealership that warrantied a trans that burned up when the return line came off the trans on the eway.

so I have been adding cams and parts but my trans was basically stock...no wonder I sucked:)

So now I have a brand new custom build 3200 stall and built converter...I will get the parts but I think there is a beast in there :thumbs:I added stainless steel transcooler lines b/c my old ones needed to get cut to come out.

WOW!!!! I need to get some vid, this truck hauls ass! I let my dad do the first test drive after I had checked for leaks and topped off the fluid...the truck has been unplugged for a few weeks so my trims are all cleared and the truck needs a bit of tuning (no worries) so as he is backing up the truck keeps stalling, so he finally gets it out of the drive and pointed stright. Foot to floor, head to head rest! He says "man this thing is fast" comes around the corner and I tell him to go WOT from a standstill...all four are spinning!

Hello better times...not to mention the nice cold temps I'll get to run at the track.

• 1 month later...

small update and bump for a few guys who were asking about this set up:

removed the corsa, too f'n loud! at start up this thing was mean. SO its alot quieter now, but it still hauls the mail for sure, I am hoping to not lose much time b/c of the stock cat back it really make the truck more sleeper. When is the last time you saw a stock sounding SSS turn all of the tires over!

I think my idle steps are off b/c it runs great but dies some times, WTF! It liked the stock exhaust better than the corsa for running, could not figure out why but again I am no tuner.

I did not get back to the track this season 2008, it is snowing as I type. So results will have to wait and I will look for some winter projects.

removed the corsa, too f'n loud! at start up this thing was mean. SO its alot quieter now, but it still hauls the mail for sure, I am hoping to not lose much time b/c of the stock cat back it really make the truck more sleeper. When is the last time you saw a stock sounding SSS turn all of the tires over!

I think my idle steps are off b/c it runs great but dies some times, WTF! It liked the stock exhaust better than the corsa for running, could not figure out why but again I am no tuner.

I did not get back to the track this season 2008, it is snowing as I type. So results will have to wait and I will look for some winter projects.

Chicken!

proven setup for damn sure!!! joe i know what ya mean lol loud!!! i went with the biggest magnaflow with a built in cross over, still kinda load but not near what it used to be, at lease i can have a convo with a passenger!!

• 5 weeks later...