Rebuilding The Dash...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yttaf, THANKS!

as for GM vinyl... How much you want? I got lines on just about anything from anyone, otherwise, there is a place online that i have seen, either miami rubber, or gilbreath. I get mine from teh second one.

as for seeing that bench PDB, yes! yes you have and likely you will see it again!!! :)

I am SURE it will more than suffice what I am looking for and yet be sure to please 95% of the people listening too it, including ME, and in the end, thats what matters most!

The most important part! Nice work for sure popper!!!

I don't think you will have any issues with imaging at all if you were to do IASCA once you balance it all out. The only minor issue I can fathom is that the sound stage may be a touch narrow and may be a little high. However, the points you earn with the install will cover that hands down :cheers: I would be interested to see if you have to do any funky stuff to flat line the RTA with that center stage being so close to the mic.

Again, hell of a job! I love when guys are not afraid to tear apart their turck to modify to their taste! :smash::thumbs:

The most important part! Nice work for sure popper!!!

I don't think you will have any issues with imaging at all if you were to do IASCA once you balance it all out. The only minor issue I can fathom is that the sound stage may be a touch narrow and may be a little high. However, the points you earn with the install will cover that hands down :cheers: I would be interested to see if you have to do any funky stuff to flat line the RTA with that center stage being so close to the mic.

Again, hell of a job! I love when guys are not afraid to tear apart their turck to modify to their taste! :smash::thumbs:

should be fun. I can tell you doin this got me all giddy to get into doing it more for others. i have to get this done and dialed in first. the best thing about it it that its fun to crank on, get loud and listen to. IASCA is fun to do, but in the end i have to listen to it everyday. :)

I will get pics posted as soon as its back from being stitched. which should be tomorrow. i dropped it off this morning bright and early.

should be fun. I can tell you doin this got me all giddy to get into doing it more for others. i have to get this done and dialed in first. the best thing about it it that its fun to crank on, get loud and listen to. IASCA is fun to do, but in the end i have to listen to it everyday. :)

I will get pics posted as soon as its back from being stitched. which should be tomorrow. i dropped it off this morning bright and early.

I saw you driving down the interstate just South of Ankeny this morning. I wondered if you have torn into it yet... I guess so! Can't wait to see it completed. It's going to look killer! :cheers:

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

I saw you driving down the interstate just South of Ankeny this morning. I wondered if you have torn into it yet... I guess so! Can't wait to see it completed. It's going to look killer! :cheers:

yup, i tore into it alright. its amazing how easy the dash of these trucks come apart. i mean i have been into them before, just never this far. its also amazing as to how much hiding space is up there that you cant see from taking the basics apart. I should be wiring it up tomorrow night and playin with it the rest of the week to get it done in time for the weekend!

It looks like you took the defroster vents out. Those had to be cut out, correct? What are your plans to reattach them?

yes cut them out. sanded them smooth. I have some Expanded Aluminum that i will paint factory interior color and reattach with epoxy. should look perty cool.