Blacky's Turbo Ss Build Part 2

BlackySS13

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Justin, truck runs really nice down the street. Its perfect for off idle racing at the light. Just floor it and the boost comes on nearly quick enough to kill the tires but just soft enough through first gear where its not a problem.

We could play with boost launching it but that will more then likely make a short life of the 65e. So I think we will stick to off idle for now, or at least I will. Don't know how well Chris will hold back on the temptation lol.

I'm gonna have to find a way to resist, cause knowing my truck, something will break. I'm gonna enjoy her the rest of the summer and then maybe this fall shoot for low 11's/10's.

I'm still interested in converting to 2wd, but that is gonna have to wait. I'm gonna pick her up next week and i'll get some vids for you guys.

I think waiting for m13 to make a glory pass would be cool if Chris is up to it. Oct. 4th right? I would really like to see a banzai pass lol.

Yes, it's Oct 4th. I want to see that bonzai pass too!

I hope the weather's cooler than last year.

For M13 information, click here.

Last year is was ungodly hot, like mid 80's. And that was also the 1st time my turbo touchdowned. I'm going to play it day-to-day come Oct. If the weather is cool and cooperates, it's late enough into the season, that'll i'll prob be overcome with reachin 10's that i'll let TJ lean her out and add some timing and risk breakin something to get there.

But until then, i'm gonna put a lot of 12psi break in miles on her.

Sounds like a great plan to me Chris, you have to have fun with it for a while. It will treat you good anywhere from 12-15psi on the street with pump gas and lots meth lol. Once it hits 3rd the truck flat out books with 15psi, it will be a highway monster that NO-ONE will expect lol.

Chris I am thinking c-16 fuel and about 20-22 degrees of timing should do the trick, I place my bets on the engine holding together better then the trans, front, rear, or turbo lol. We can always bring another pump and 2 more meth nozzles and do a "meth system upgrade" right at the track lol. Make a 10 second pass on pump fuel.

BTW, I think we are going to sponsor the M event too!

Edited by hellbents10 (see edit history)

I completely forgot about the M Event. I had jeans on last year and what do ya know, the fat kid sweat off a few pounds, haha. I love to read Chris' thoughts on the truck. Make a 10 second pass and 'HOPE' it all holds together. I will have to pick up a ride this weekend in the truck b4 it leaves. Makes me want a turbo on my truck , wait, I want my truck on the road, turbo later.

Best of luck, way to go Grimey.....