Blacky's Turbo Ss Build Part 2

BlackySS13

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news on the trans. I will have to get out to Baker to see this thing. Blackburn, we need to hang out and drink some $8 jackand cokes again sometime. I am sure this thing will continue to be a monster with the 370 and all of the other goodies going into it.

This is going ot be a great summer, some of us just need to get our junk put together, haha....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man fix your Photobucket account! :P

Anyway, I have a question for you about the Area51 bracket. Did your bolts fit through it when you mounted it? Mine do not and I had to grind down the bolt lip a hair to make them fit. Kind of ticks me off that I get one that hasn't been machined correctly. Those little buggers are expensive for what they are and I expected a perfect fit. Don't get me wrong, they are far better than the Speartech one however I wasn't expecting I had to do the finishing work. :wtf:

Oh, yea the coatings don't look pretty forever. I seemed to remember yours were coated beautifully and the new pics looked a little tarnished. Ever consider wrapping the complete header?

Haven't put the relocation bracket on yet. I'm sure it'll have to be grinded too since I got it powdercoated. As far as the wrap, we did the wire exposed areas and it seems to be working fine. Haven't thought about wrapping the whole thing at this point.

We're going a waterpump conversion off of a 98F body to clear up the waterneck clearance issues.