Street Racers Question

kissfans03ss

For the guys who occasionlly have a run in with the other truck guys i was wondering how you initiate your races?,is it a rev at a light,a dirty stare or do you flip on your running lights(reverse lights) like guys used to do years ago while driving down the strip looking for competition? does anybody even do this for that matter?.

For the guys who occasionlly have a run in with the other truck guys i was wondering how you initiate your races?,is it a rev at a light,a dirty stare or do you flip on your running lights(reverse lights) like guys used to do years ago while driving down the strip looking for competition? does anybody even do this for that matter?.

Normally it is a rev at a light. Or if their window is open let them know you want to have a go at it...

Then again most cars i catch are running through traffic like a bat out of hell, catch up to them, look over, give them a rev, and be safe....

Same thing on the highway

Normally it is a rev at a light. Or if their window is open let them know you want to have a go at it...

Then again most cars i catch are running through traffic like a bat out of hell, catch up to them, look over, give them a rev, and be safe....

Same thing on the highway

:withstupid: or the old school three slow honks then hit it

i usually let them initiate it... they will either stay beside me or give a little rev most the time when driving it is to much traffic to race or nobody on the road at all so i never race.

If I'm at a light I always roll down my window and ask the guy if he wants to run, give it a rev, or just creep up on the light. If the car is driving I would blow by him and see if he catches up. If he catches up I look over and honk or just take off.

usually its a rev or a dirty stare here, once in a blue moon they'll rool the window down and ask 462d1dc4.gif

dirty stare like dirty harry :jester: Have you ever wore ur fire uniform with ur badge and all and tried to race people cause i could see some people mistaking you as a cop

dirty stare like dirty harry :jester: Have you ever wore ur fire uniform with ur badge and all and tried to race people cause i could see some people mistaking you as a cop

No, but volunteers are allowed to have blue lights in our windshields when we respond, that may make them think twice.....usually the SSS.com and the maltese cross on my back window give it away. I am rarely ever in uniform unless there is a fire prevention detail, a funeral, or a parade.

With these Gas prices, street racing is the last thing on my mind.

One time, back in early 2007 I was on the highway and 2 trucks that seemed 2 be traveling together pulled up to me.

One on the right, the other on the left.

They were both the same truck as mine, Silverados, but 1 was Stepside.

We were going, and 1 goes up a little as to initiate the race and then the other one... then they wait.

...I dont go up.

...they slow down- and we're in the same position again, me in the middle.

They do it again, and wait for me but this time I go... I pass'em up and they take off. LOL.

...I guess that's not really a good story.

Oh well. :(

I don't classify "street racing" the same as "racing on the street". But I'm old.

I street raced regularly for 20+ years, we always had an arm dropping flagman much the way it's done on Pinks, but minus the gayness.

I have also never seen "lengths" given to anybody for any reason, nor do most guys ever run for money. It just don't happen.

Racing from a light all depends, sometimes you just "know", sometimes it's a staging game at the lights or sometimes it's verbal. I have had MANY races, and not once have I done the "three honk" thing I see on youtube regularly...

When I'm in my motorhome I usually look for "ricer" type cars, then we tease them repeatedly until they are almost "forced" to race. It works like a charm.

I don't classify "street racing" the same as "racing on the street". But I'm old.

I street raced regularly for 20+ years, we always had an arm dropping flagman much the way it's done on Pinks, but minus the gayness.

I have also never seen "lengths" given to anybody for any reason, nor do most guys ever run for money. It just don't happen.

Racing from a light all depends, sometimes you just "know", sometimes it's a staging game at the lights or sometimes it's verbal. I have had MANY races, and not once have I done the "three honk" thing I see on youtube regularly...

When I'm in my motorhome I usually look for "ricer" type cars, then we tease them repeatedly until they are almost "forced" to race. It works like a charm.

did you say motorhome?? :wtf: