mods to increase 100hp?

ignorant

I want to do mods on my ss but I do not want to worry about my trans. going. It appears from reading thru the posts that with a supercharger system there is no way of knowing if the trans will hold out. It also seems that the superchargers are boosting horsepower up around the 470hp range. Can any of you give me an estimate of what you think the highest amunt of horsepower the transmission can handle without worry of it failing.

I really don't think there is a set amount of horsepower that will blow your tranny. I think alot of it depends on how much you beat up the truck and race it around. There have been a few that have had tranny problems after supercharging but then again the guy with probably the most horsepower is still going strong. Just remember heat is your enemy and be gentle the majority of the time and it will last awhile. Of course I am putting about 800 bucks in parts in the tranny soon just for some piece of mind. That is in addition to the shift kit and servo I already have.

what do you plan/have done to do to your trans?

I live in Royal Oak Mi, does anyone know a place where I could take my ss to have mods on the trans done? How about a place to have a supercharger system installed? I do not have the knowledge on how to install mods.

I ordered # 1,6,11X,14X,14-4L65E,37P,38,41,45 and 45P from this page:

4L60-E.com

The one thing that has helped me find a trans shop that has a clue is to talk to them about what you want to put in and if they explain the process to you they are a possibility. If you have to explain it to them in the least bit, keep looking.

I ordered # 1,6,11X,14X,14-4L65E,37P,38,41,45 and 45P from this page:

4L60-E.com

The one thing that has helped me find a trans shop that has a clue is to talk to them about what you want to put in and if they explain the process to you they are a possibility.  If you have to explain it to them in the least bit, keep looking.

:withstupid:

hmm, need a shift kit and you're in michigan.... the trans is probably ok until you turn off the torque managment, but there isn't a point in leaving that in. that stock shift in these trucks is so, well mild...

hmm, need a shift kit and you're in michigan.... the trans is probably ok until you turn off the torque managment, but there isn't a point in leaving that in. that stock shift in these trucks is so, well mild...

And loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonggg, too.

ignorant,

It appears from reading thru the posts that with a supercharger system there is no way of knowing if the trans will hold out. [/quote

True,

and i agree with slimsoftball, HEAT is the enemy here. If you want your tranny to last longer, but still want 100hp more, go with a 100shot of N20 (nitrous).

:cheers:

Thanks for the info. I will find a good trans guy and beef up the trans before I do any other modifications. I do not want to replace my trans. Too much money spent on the purchase of this baby to dump money into a new trans if you can avoid it starting from the begining.

What exactly is a corvette servo that comes with the shift kit? Does the shift kit enhance the strength of the trans?

Archived