Do I Have A Story For You Guys....

well as much as it sucks to say im getting rid of my truck. i loved it and all but it was only a reg cab, and it needed alot of work to get it were i would be happy with it. and with gas prices the way they are....well you all know. so i have been looking at a caddy :cadillac_icon: cts. i had one come in to my local caddy dealership. i was supose to take a week and ended up taken two. but im patient so it was fine. yesterday me and my dad go up there to check it out and on the wa up there i felt a little vibration in the wheel. i just thought it was something to do with my lowering kit or something. but all the highway up there it started to get worse like alot worse. so i start to move to the right side of the highway slowing down. then it stops so i was like ok. i get off the exit and head down the street to the dealer when........booooommmm my tire flies off my truck. when i say flies off i mean tire and rim and lug nuts and center cap all over the road. thank god no one was coming or behind me. my truck smashes to the ground and skids on rotor for about 50 feet cutting a huge line in the street. so ya i offically hate my truck. lol no body can fiqure out why it went like that but all the studs were bent and stripped . so i had to wait forever for a good tow truck company because the first guy out right told me he would probably end up ripping the bumper off if he draged it. so now its at a shop getting fixed.....but i just htought i would share my story with you guys. :rant:

LOL you and I share similar kharma! My first truck, when I was 18 I had the front wheel come loose, except I was able to get off the road before it totally let go. Sorry to hear about this.

Kyle - my advice is this: CARS ARE EXPENSIVE. They are expensive to buy, expensive to insure, expensive to operate, expensive to put tires on, expensive to maintain, expensive to mod... nothing about cars is cheap, nothing. That fact being said, no matter what you choose to own & drive it will cost you; so get something you will have no regrets over. And if you regret spending money on a car, then get a $500 used Maxima or something like that to get you from point A to point B and put your money elsewhere!

Mr. P. :)

Glad to hear that you made it over before it could have been worse Kyle. I too noticed that you haven't been around much but see that you have poked in once in awhile. How is you dad doing?? Sorry to hear about the truck and good luck with whatever you decide to buy.

I had a similar situation happen to my on Storrow Drive in my Tahoe but like Mr. P, I was able to get off at an exit before the tire or any lugs came off.

Kyle,glad no one was hurt to start,good luck on you hunt for a new vehicle and the only thing i could think of that might cause your wheel to fall off would be that your ss wheels where not torqued down properly whether it be to the proper torque or in the proper sequence,just a thought and good luck. :D

That sucks, when you find out what caused it let us know.

:withstupid: maybe it will help some of us to prevent the same problem?...

Kyle,glad no one was hurt to start,good luck on you hunt for a new vehicle and the only thing i could think of that might cause your wheel to fall off would be that your ss wheels where not torqued down properly whether it be to the proper torque or in the proper sequence,just a thought and good luck. :D

:withstupid: i've seen so many tire shops just go around the wheel with an air gun in a circle once and they were done... i always tell them that they need to do it right and cross pattern the lug nuts in incremants so that the wheels will be torqued evenly. it's very important, yet not a lot of people know and they get away with it becuase there employees are either incompetent or lazy.

either way kyle, like the others said your lucky you were off the freeway when it happened.. so i don't think the truck gods hate you that much!... :jester: good luck on your next vehicle, but remember if your paying more to get better economy then you realy aint saving anything. just my .02