Jury Duty /off Topic

04CHASE

well today i had jury duty , and man what a blast it was :uhoh: .

i was postponed all week until today , which started at 8 am. i got there on time and saw a few people i knew, my next door neighbor was the clerk who took our names and jurror badges . so i was like oh heck yeah im going to get out early because she will let me go . she tells me no can do so i sit there hoping i may get out early and they let me know my possible call time is 9 am or 10 am , so i wait and this hot girl approaches me and ask if this is the hury assembly room . im like yeah so she sits down and i spot one of my ex workers from chevy so i kill some time with him . finally hear them call my name at 10 am for the depatrment 8 jury 1 . and let me know i can take a 15 minute break so i do i and end up running into this girl again and we get to chatting and all she is pretty cool so we go back in the assmbly room and wait by then they inform us we can tak a lunch at around 10:30 and return at 1:45 lol over three hours for lunch and have nothing to do . well i do have a girlfriend but my evil side says take this girl to lunch since she has a b/f too and has for 3 years but doesent make alot of money . so i take her to b.j.s ( dave knows the spot) lol but anyway this is strictly as friends and not going anywhere or at least i didnt see it that way but i did think she was toatally hot and digging me. so we hop in the camaro and first thing she says when it fires, does it have an exhaust?? i say yeah here b/f drives a regular subi. so we get out of the structure( scraping badly on the exit) she starts asking the regular whats this do (radar ) and what this i say this car is pretty stock its my daily driver . i started to tell her about my truck but didnt want to sound conceided which i know i can seem to be when i talk cars because i love them so much and girls just usually dont care. this one included so we go to b.j.s and get some grub and go for a long drive and look at some scenic stuff, march afb and a burndown house where some crazy murder's happened in perris. just killing time. we never touched or kissed or anything. we get back on time sit there until almost 4 pm and get called to a dam court room where she and i both said that being on this jury would be a financial hardship and get out at 5pm on the dot. so a big waste of a day for me since my work doesent pay for it. but i ended up getting here number and she said she would like to stay friends. since i have been with my girl for 5+ years and love her .

but i feel kind of guilty for taking her to lunch and all , did i do wrong?

oh and there is no moral at all to the story but jury duty sucks, but you can bet your ass if i were to have been paid by work i would have been on the jury. lol

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh i see wat ur saying by feeling quilty but nothing happened u guys just went to lunch and chilled :dunno: but i dont think i would tell my girl about just hanging out with some random chick specially for several hours maybe to lunch but i would tell her we hung out for hours.

BTW: the last time i went to jury duty i told the def. and pro. lawyer that i wouldnt give the guy a chance i hell and he was already guilty to me. the dude shot one guy was there for attempted murder andalso shot at a cop so he never had a chance with me on the jury. but had to be there two days and even tho county jobs pay for it i didnt wanna be there at all.

-Rob

no im pretty faithful man i did tell my girl though becasue if not i would feel even more guilty.

she wasnt mad she just asked how would i feel if she did the same thing? i told her probbaly not be to happy but as long as she looked me in the eye and told me nothing happened i wouldnt care. especially if she got a free lunch out of it. anyway . cant wait to go back to work tommorrow and get paid.

Don't sweat it. You met someone, had a nice lunch, learned some things about her and said goodbye. We all like to meet new people and do different things. It is cool you told your g/f though. Right there is the trust factor. Hiding stuff does not work. Always make sure that you are open about what you do that way she has no reason to suspect anything went on. Glad you had fun!

Chase. Chase, Chase,

Like was already said, if you have to ask then you already know the answer within you.

Me personally, I think all was OK up until the point where you said you got her number. I know in my marriage if the wife went to lunch with someone or if I did it would be no big deal to the other but once numbers were exchanged then it most likely would create some issues. I personally would see it as something to fall back on of things went south in our relationship. It would be different if it was some sort of buisness venture but it clearly was not.

Mike

you obviously have a cool girlfriend because not all women would take hearing that the way she did. obviously, the mutual attraction was the catalyst to hanging out during the lunch break, but neither of you acted on it. getting that weight off your chest was probably the best thing though.

as for jury duty, I've had to go in 4 times so far. the last two times it was down to the wire. they filled the jury 2 people before me the last time and the time before that, I was the last person taken off. the defendant was charged with trespassing and indecent exposure. he was arrested for urinating on the side of a warehouse. he was drunk and slipped in through a locked gate. the judge was all about "jury duty is your civic duty bla bla bla" and he wasn't taking any excuses to get out. I had tickets to opening day and the trial was supposed to go for 3 days putting the game on day 2. When I was selected, I just sat there glaring at the defendant. He was guilty and I let him know it. Needless to say, his lawyer had me pulled off. Sometimes looking like a miserable, angry a-hole works out.

no im pretty faithful man i did tell my girl though becasue if not i would feel even more guilty.

she wasnt mad she just asked how would i feel if she did the same thing? i told her probbaly not be to happy but as long as she looked me in the eye and told me nothing happened i wouldnt care. especially if she got a free lunch out of it. anyway . cant wait to go back to work tommorrow and get paid.

Best thing you could do.

If you felt it was wrong it was...some people have looser morals. I just wouldn't make a habit of taking pretty women out to lunch :D

I had a similar situation, but worse. I first started to date my girl (only bout a three months) we really were getting along but we were not serious. I kinda technically cheated on her with my ex. It was one of those out of nowhere type of things. I came clean immediately to her. She thought for second....said she was upset but she said that at least I came clean as soon as possible. I felt like crap but it was a huge load coming clean. We are still going strong on our relationship.

It's a slippery slope with infidelity....bet everyone can agree with that.

Going out to lunch was innocent enough, but I will bet that most of us in that situation would be secretly hoping in the back of our minds that something more would happen. :devil: I'm not saying that it would. It's just the way guys are. Coming clean was a real good idea. Stay true and honest. It's the best thing you can do.