Tru Cool Question

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Tru-Cool Max 40K without bypass ordered part # 4739-1 from bulkpart. Got a 20ft travel trailer this summer and first trip with it was out of state. Any way i go but west is mountains around here. Highest temp was 205 up a narrow two lane mountain road fore about 15 min. Must make sure this does'nt happen again if at all possible. No cooked trans for me please.

:confused: OK what happend to the kit Mr.P. ?. Getting ready to order cooler and whould like to know how you are coming along?.

I actually made a few; got a couple left. Still not been able to get the pics which were taken for a manual. :banghead:

Mr. P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I was wondering if you still had any install kits left? If so how much to pick one up? I used the fittings to rubber hose on the 4590 I bought for now. Has anybody had problems with the clamped hoses coming off under hard acceration?

Hey I was wondering if you still had any install kits left? If so how much to pick one up? I used the fittings to rubber hose on the 4590 I bought for now. Has anybody had problems with the clamped hoses coming off under hard acceration?

The first run of 6 install kits have been sold and shipped, all but two are installed; I will not be making more of these kits until (1) I trademark or patent or somehow protect the design, and (2) work some deal where I can sell both the cooler and kit together as one so it saves the customer another $20.

10+ years ago I built demolition derby cars, in that experience we did see cars where the barbed hose fittings failed to keep the rubber hose on; the solution is (1) use good hose, and (2) use TWO band clamps per barb fitting, oriented 180-degrees from each other to provide equal/consistent clamp force.

Mr. P.