Nelson Perf Blows

So, after hearing so many things about Nelson Performance, I decided to take a trip to San Antonio and see what all the hype was about. What a mistake!!!

I had the Radix, PCM upgrade, shift kit and 2.9" pulley installed. My Radix concern is that I now have TOO MUCH POWER!!!!! (my next step is a 100shot) This thing is AWESOME!!! After some fine tuning, I drove from San Antontio to Houston without one issue, leak, hesitation, or concern. Very professional, knowledgeable and customer focused is the best way to describe it.

From my own experience, I would HIGHLY recommend Nelson Performance and Jag Performance (allen and joe) to everyone the wants more power without compromising reliability of your daily ride. Well done Allen and Joe!

No, this is not a commercial, just my own opinion from a satisfied forum participant that reads the forum practically every other day since May '03.

Silverado SC/SS is definately the way the truck was meant to be made!!!!!!!

CONGRATS on the new toys! ! !

I want the Radix, common sense prevailed for the moment.

The job's talking 'outsourcing'. :wtf:

Stupidity says this will be the last hurrah and one hell of a fast ride to the unemployment office... LOL

In the meantime common sense won out. :cry:

Have to wait a few more months and see what goes down.

WW :smash:

The job's talking 'outsourcing'.  :wtf:

Stupidity says this will be the last hurrah and one hell of a fast ride to the unemployment office... LOL

I guess I failed in my encouraging email, huh? :sick:

It'll happen for you one day. :thumbs:

slj - when you headed to the track to test it all out?

***EDIT***

I went through and cleaned it out. Let's keep on topic. slj had something to say and he's proud/happy with what he got.

Sorry if I offended anyone for deleteing anything that they thought was useful to the thread. Didn't think it fair to slj to close it.

Count on it happening. I unexpectedly got called into work Sunday night and

missed the deadline for the price he was running.

As soon as that 'incentive' comes back around I have a feeling I'll be charging one. :jester:

Your email was inspiring, you have not failed. As the time draws closer you'll be getting more questions out of me... :rolleyes:

Stupidity will rule!!! LOL

WW :thumbs:

Hey, slj, glad you're enjoying the truck, for some reason yours turned out awesome. Every truck is different though.

When you taking it to the track?

For those who don't know, he got a 2.9" pulley also and is pumping 9psi, some say these engines can only take about 10psi.

Does anyone have any data on max boost, how high have you taken yours?

I think I've heard of 12psi on race gas, is there anyone else pushing this kind of boost with a radix?

thanks,

allen

***EDIT***

I went through and cleaned it out.  Let's keep on topic.  slj had something to say and he's proud/happy with what he got.

Sorry if I offended anyone for deleteing anything that they thought was useful to the thread.  Didn't think it fair to slj to close it.

Thanks Ben!

The job's talking 'outsourcing'.  :wtf:

slj - when you headed to the track to test it all out?

***EDIT***

I went through and cleaned it out. Let's keep on topic. slj had something to say and he's proud/happy with what he got.

Sorry if I offended anyone for deleteing anything that they thought was useful to the thread. Didn't think it fair to slj to close it.

I was wondering were my post was :crazy: you should have deleted the whole thread or moved to the thread that zippy created, but that is just my opinion. Thanks for the new thread Mervz. :thumbs:

:D

• 3 weeks later...

If my stock motor is expected to run 250 thousand trouble free miles, would it be fair to say a blown motor running 10 lbs boost could only be expected to be reliable after say 125 K?

Doesn't the extra pressure take it's toll on the rings, bearings etc... since you are in fact working the engine harder? At a higher volumetric efficiency? If not, how many miles do you anticipate from your blown engines? Longevity is my question.

Archived