new exhaust loss of power

I just put on my new stainless specialties 3" dual inlet/outlet. My engine has lost power. I can feel a loss in power. I prob have the most free flowing system it sounds like a big block. backfires on hard highway driving. Will a custom tune adjust for the power loss?? am i running my engine too lean??? any help??

'

wow, that is a big exhaust system. I see the regular silvy's loose a lot of low end when they open up the exhaust like that. I bet you lost some lowend.

You're not running too lean that you'll hurt anything, but i'm sure your ltrims need to be put back in line. WOT, these trucks run rich, so unless that is your only mod, or one of few, you're fine there too.

Every truck reacts differnetly, i'm just going off of what i've seen.

Is there any hesitation or ses codes?

allen

No hesitaion just a lack of low end power. The truck seams to shift before the engine can wind up enough to get the effect of the new system. It is by far the loudest system. prob equal to straight 3" pipe. I am gonna try a gibson and a computer tune. I should have the new muffler on next week. Then i am going to try a computer tune. Do any tunes look at dyno results and tweak the pcm t those results. i plan on doing an awd dyno mith air/fuel curve. I have an appt on the 27th

I will be doing the X-pipe and dual mufflers this weekend, Evan, hopefully there not as sloppy as you say they always are. Every set up I have seen on this site looks great and thats why I chose this route. Once I get them installed, I will comment on the sound and the quality of the install.

C.K.

• 4 weeks later...
No hesitaion just a lack of low end power. The truck seams to shift before the engine can wind up enough to get the effect of the new system. It is by far the loudest system. prob equal to straight 3" pipe. I am gonna try a gibson and a computer tune. I should have the new muffler on next week. Then i am going to try a computer tune. Do any tunes look at dyno results and tweak the pcm t those results. i plan on doing an awd dyno mith air/fuel curve. I have an appt on the 27th

Ever do your dyno run?

I went to the awd dyno. I was 3" to long. I have to remove my drive shaft. i didn't bring any tools. I am planning on going back and take out the driveshaft in the parking lot. The new muffler however came out sweet the single magnaflow, I think is perfect. Prob as good as any cat back system out there. The stock tubing runs nice and clean the muffler firs perfect. You need to pic up a stick of 2.5" or 3" stainless because the spacing between the pipes is closer on the magnaflow. Nice and quite. Performance is good. I could feel it. Edelbrock headers on the way this week as well and the stainless brake lines.

Archived