NOS thru Radix?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could get a controller and by the time you hit second, you could be spraying a 100shot, maybe 50shot during launching.

Or, just spray the 50shot all the way thru the 1/4.

allen

btw, those NX units are badass, i'll have to think abou that.

What are the pros and cons of spaying N2O thru the blower? If there are any.

What would be better, spraying a dry shot thru the intake tube then thru the blower or a direct port?

thanks,

allen

Spray it through the Blower :thumbs: A 75shot will feel like a 150... :D

Yes, the nice part about N20 is that it has a cooling effect as well. We just got done with an 02 escalade with a non intercooled whipple that we got to 440HP at the wheels with the blower and headers and exhaust. We then hit it with a 35 (thru the blower) shot and the truck went to 490 at the wheels. Thus that little 35 shot make more like 60-65 due to the cooling effect. I will be posting some dyno runs from this truck real soon.

Later,

Bryan

Yes, the nice part about N20 is that it has a cooling effect as well. We just got done with an 02 escalade with a non intercooled whipple that we got to 440HP at the wheels with the blower and headers and exhaust. We then hit it with a 35 (thru the blower) shot and the truck went to 490 at the wheels. Thus that little 35 shot make more like 60-65 due to the cooling effect. I will be posting some dyno runs from this truck real soon.

Later,

Bryan

I never looked at it like that. That's a good point.

I would not mind doing NOS with a Radix if it was not my dailydriver. I dont have any problems doing it, warranty does not bother me, or anything like that. (I have the hookup if needed) but I would feel a lot better about doing it if I had another block that I had built for that purpose. I dont think the General did!!

Your right. I don't think the block can handle a whole lot of juice in addition to the Radix. I definately think a 35 or a 50 shot only at the track will not be a problem though. Especially since I hardly ever go to the track.

Well Im just glad I have a lot to do to mine before i get to that chance, because i have a spedoholic. Always have been and always will be. It does sound so tempting, but I am interested in the luck you guys have with both. My problem is I cant just use NOS at the track. My bottle is always empty!!

THe LS1 based bottom ends really seem to hold some power. We have a customer's supercharged LS1 F-body with a vortech at 10PSI and a heads/cam package making 573 to the whels and so far it has held up well. I wouldn't go to this limit, but he has plans to do the motor in the future anyhow. On a daily driver I wouldn't go too crazy, a 50 shot on top of the blower would be nice and with the good construction of the LS1 based bottom ends I think the trans will go before the motor.

Later,

Bryan

Archived