Custom Exhaust

Bryan Roush

definitly a sweet look and its a little cheaper i had it on my 05 chevy silverado the only thing i thought was off was if i was at a light with the windows down and i revd it up it sounded like it wasnt me , it sounded like it was car next to me!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i spoke with an exhaust shop that could make one for my truck. they said they could use flowmasters and include stainless tips. i thought the general concensious was that flowmasters sucked? he also said that he could use a magnaflow muffler as well but not as loud.. not sure what the laws are here. someone told me 19 inches it had to be from the rear of any passengers. not sure if this is true but willing to try it anyways.

i spoke with an exhaust shop that could make one for my truck. they said they could use flowmasters and include stainless tips. i thought the general concensious was that flowmasters sucked? he also said that he could use a magnaflow muffler as well but not as loud.. not sure what the laws are here. someone told me 19 inches it had to be from the rear of any passengers. not sure if this is true but willing to try it anyways.

depens on what magna flow muffler you get and if you have cats or LT's, my set up is loud when compared to flowmasters, IMO flowmaster sound all hollow and magnaflow sound more3 like a performance muffler, deep/loud

i had one, just took it off because my truck was too low. its up for sale if you want, easily welded in by an exhaust shop. heres it on the truck-

DSCN6420.jpg

if youd like i can take pics of it off the truck... its a dual in/out magnaflow 22" muffler with two 12" straight through resonators. on stock cats/manifolds its very suddle. nice deep rumble, but not overwhelming.

Where did you mount the muffler?? I have a 22" Magnaflow & I had to mount it in the stock location & then turn the pipes with mandrel bent pipe back under the muffler & then out the side at the angle I wanted. The crossmember for the 2-piece driveshaft was in the way of mounting the muffler farther forward. Did you go with a 1-piece driveshaft & cut the crossmember out when you installed the 6 speed? Do you have a pic of underneath the truck when it was on or a pic of it now that it's off?? Where did you mount the resonators? I was curious if you did it different, cause it's alot of pipe for it to run through & wanted to shorten the route if I could. I'll post some pics of mine on this thread when I can. Thanks.

i need to get out and take pics of the system, but ill try and explain it...

the muffler had plenty of room. i have a carrier relocator, so my driveshaft is a good 6" higher than a stocker. it basically comes out of the trans, bends up very slightly and is straight all the way to the axle.

the resonators are mounted a few inches before the tips... after the muffler. no room in front

pacesetter LT headers magnaflow mettalic cats(59559) now gutted , Doug's e cutouts ( really nice) and a magnalfow muffler(dual in out 3 with x pipe) im pretty happy iwth how it came out. i have about 1500 into the whole thing so it wasnt to pricey. i reused two SS tips out the side. I had a local shop well known for nice exhuast work do it and they did a nice job imo. here are the pics

DSC01713.jpg

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01715.jpg

DSC01716.jpg

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01721-1.jpg

DSC01722.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

its also now all painted with high temp black matte paint