Custom Exhaust

Bryan Roush

i have a friend that has an older gmc sierra with a 7.4l 454. i saw his exhaust exit in front of rear tire, like the lightning. does anyone have this kind of setup? is this better than going with a catback exhaust? cheaper? any help would be appreciated. thanks bryan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how loud would this kind of setup be? any drone? is there similar performance gains as regular catbacks or do you lose a bit? i'm thinking of going with lt dynatech headers as well. 12 rocks what kind of setup do you have? and about how much is it if you don't mind me asking? thanks bryan

how loud would this kind of setup be? any drone? is there similar performance gains as regular catbacks or do you lose a bit? i'm thinking of going with lt dynatech headers as well. 12 rocks what kind of setup do you have? and about how much is it if you don't mind me asking? thanks bryan

my set up is really loud, LT's and no cats :jester: i gained some power over my old setup, i know the exhaust guy who did mine so i got it real cheap it was like $150.

100_0567.jpg

100_0569.jpg

Art, anyway you can still get that exhaust system from your buddy? i realize probably not that price, but I would be willing to spend double that! Let me know.

yes he can do the same thing since its custom but you need to find SS tips, it would probably be around $300-$350

mine is real loud inside and really really loud outside haha. with everything pushed further up and everything being under the cab, and shorter pipes. it would def be cheaper to have a custom exhaust made by a muffler guy. its gonna sound sick on a 454

Edited by slammedbowtie (see edit history)

art, so your friend can custom make this exhaust for me? can he do 4inch magnaflow tips on it? and what kind of magnaflow muffler is it? do you use one or two mufflers? i would be willing to pay between 300-350 for it.

now that i think of it i would need a stock SS to mock up the exhaust since i have LT's, i have a single 18" muffler with 2.5" dual in and out

i had one, just took it off because my truck was too low. its up for sale if you want, easily welded in by an exhaust shop. heres it on the truck-

DSCN6420.jpg

if youd like i can take pics of it off the truck... its a dual in/out magnaflow 22" muffler with two 12" straight through resonators. on stock cats/manifolds its very suddle. nice deep rumble, but not overwhelming.

I have mine set up with a dual in/ dual out 40 series flow with 2 turn downs in front of the back axle. Its load outside and load (drone) only under hard acceleration. You should check your state law of where your at because some states mandate that you have the pipe exit after the rear tire unless its a factory exhaust set up. I know here in California the liberal anti-gun faggets are anal about loud fast cars and trucks also. I'm registered in Texas so the ticket didn't stick on court.