Custom Exhaust

Bryan Roush

i need to get out and take pics of the system, but ill try and explain it...

the muffler had plenty of room. i have a carrier relocator, so my driveshaft is a good 6" higher than a stocker. it basically comes out of the trans, bends up very slightly and is straight all the way to the axle.

the resonators are mounted a few inches before the tips... after the muffler. no room in front

kellyperformance,

What kind of resonators did you use? I really need to take some pictures & post them here for yall to see. I passed the drivers side pipe on the drivers side of the trans where the driveshaft would be on AWD trucks. I have cutouts mounted right behind the trans crossmember. I think I need to replan my exhaust. There is too much pipe for it to run through. I really want to see some pics of your system since it's the same muffler I have. I think mine is a little bit of a mess & it's really heavy too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine....

P1010081Medium.jpg

P1010078Medium.jpg

P1010076Medium.jpg

P1010043Medium.jpg

Holty,

Can you take a pic of underneath your truck? That's what really helps. I like how your system looks. What Flowmasters are you using?

Edited by TheGeorgiaKid (see edit history)

Anyone thought about how a side exit SuperTrapp system would sound?? Sure would be easy, no muffler to worry about mounting under the truck, cause they are the tips & the are tunable by adding or taking out disks & pipe routing would be easy too.

Anyone thought about how a side exit SuperTrapp system would sound?? Sure would be easy, no muffler to worry about mounting under the truck, cause they are the tips & the are tunable by adding or taking out disks & pipe routing would be easy too.

i know what your talking about but imo it would look like shit and not flow all that well.

my set up is really loud, LT's and no cats :jester: i gained some power over my old setup, i know the exhaust guy who did mine so i got it real cheap it was like $150.

100_0567.jpg

100_0569.jpg

12'SROCK,

Can you take a pic of underneath your truck? That's what really helps. You have a 18" Magnaflow, right?

i know what your talking about but imo it would look like shit and not flow all that well.

I did kinda think the same thing. The smallest tip is 4" round, that's pretty big. I wasn't as concerned about flow cause I thought you would want a little backpressure. I had thought of the setup using LT with no cats, cutouts right at the header collector, 2 1/2" or 3" pipe turned out the side. The flow prob wouldn't be if you opened the cutouts. lol!

Here's some pics of my setup. Let me know what you guys think. It sounds awesome but it drones inside pretty bad, I decided it was because of the side exit. You can see where I passed the drivers side pipe where the driveshaft would be on a AWD truck.

I had to turn the drivers side cutout at an angle to make it the same height at the passenger side one.

KellyPerformance,

I wanted to know about the resonators you used cause I could add some in the pipe where it turns back under the muffler. I would like to & my plan is to remount the muffler like you have (when I see a pic), delete the cats & relocate the cutouts to where the cats are now.

post-11599-1222554562_thumb.jpg

post-11599-1222554578_thumb.jpg

post-11599-1222554860_thumb.jpg

post-11599-1222554875_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, It was the only way (at the time) I could figure out where to put the muffler, because of tight space. I used all 409 S/S mandrel bent pipe. I thought it would be louder inside if it were under under the cab, that's one reason I put it under the bed. It is heavy, but well supported & alot of tubing, but it works & flows pretty well. I haven't ever seen, but I heard the pipe is routed like that on Cobra R Mustangs to turn it out the side. I would like to figure out how to shorten the pipe up.

12SROCK, Do you have a pic of under your truck? You have the 18" Magnaflow & I have a 22", just wanted to see how you mounted yours.

• 2 weeks later...

well i got my exhaust today. i went with two 40 series mufflers with chrome tips out the side in front of the rearv tire. sounds awesome. i haven't gotten any pictures yet. but it came out great. thanks for all the info and pictures.