Trans rebuilt this week

Like Ben Key,

I didn't want to open my mouth about the parts since I am not too knowledgable about the internals, but damn, that is one big spring :crazy:

LOL, i believe that was out of a chrysler trans, i'll have to ask again, just seeing who's paying attention, hahaha,

I'm not at all familiar with those tranny internals, but I'll chance a guess on the broken piece.... Are you talking about the chipped tooth on the drum that is almost hidden behind the puller on the left side of the picture?

You got it, it was supposed to be a hard part, ya right, i'll have to send that to the manufacturer and see what they say about it. good eyes.

it's no biggy though, the retaining clip has a lot more tabs to hold it in,,

allen

that's a really good eye on that. i was looking for something to be sticking out a bit more obvious than that. i think the picture i was looking at must be just how i'm looking at it.

if you guys have any of the same problems down there as we do u here, you probably have plenty of dodge transmission parts around. the dealer i work for is chevy/chrysler and the standing joke is you don't change a fluid and filter in a chrysler, just change the trans. every 30,000 miles. the good one's make it to 45k.

I have this to say about the Dodge:

I maintain a fleet of '00 3500 series passenger vans that have the 5.9 motor. Every one of those vans is nearing 300,000 miles on them and only one has had any engine work. It needed one noisy lifter replaced. The trannies are rebuilt every 85,000 - 90,000 miles. On an average, these vans have 3,000 - 4,500 miles on them in ONE WEEK. They are driven by over 10 different driver and that means they get the usual ..."it's not my vehicle so let's drive the crap out of it!" scenario. Compared to the one Chevy in the fleet... it has had engine problems but NO trans problems. Working on the Dodge series has made me have more respect for them, they have been better than what I expected.

And I really can't say too many bad things about Dodge anyway, the wife drives a Caravan! :lol:

speaking of dodges, i just whooped another unsuspecting hemi today, hahaha.

joe, he saw me pulling out of your driveway and getting sidways in second, the rest if history lol.

btw joe, the trans is running awesome, i can't get over how well it behaves during normal driving and hits nice at wot.

thanks,

allen

Archived