New Exhaust System

rdss

Ctrow, what do you mean by angle cut them? Is that where i would just cut them to aim at the ground? What would be the best way to accomplish that? Thanks for any help, I am really considering doing that!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's the performance with the X-pipes in there? I just contacted Flowmaster about doing a custom exhaust system for it. They will be contacting me back sometime this week regarding it. I was thinking of having them do an X-pipe with dual 40 series mufflers with duals straight out the back w/ 4" tips. Just have to see what they are willing to do.

I think that the X-pipe melowed out the flowmasters some, it gives them a clean sound. There is a noticable increase in power above 60 mph and at an other speeds the exhaust just sounds better. If enough people talk to flowmaster about a full exhaust system, they will probably build it.

I think if I would have went with the 40 series, I would have had that sound your looking for. It is deep and throaty with the 50's but the 40's would make it deep, throaty and LOUD. When the Flows rust out I will probably have them replaced with 40's.

I think if I would have went with the 40 series, I would have had that sound your looking for. It is deep and throaty with the 50's but the 40's would make it deep, throaty and LOUD. When the Flows rust out I will probably have them replaced with 40's.

How much?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I took care of the tail pipes today, they are gone, I just need to put down pipes on them so there not blowing on my rearend. It is a lot louder and sounds like an old race car now. A lot of the resonance is gone, but, all I hear is exhaust now. It really doesnt bother me, but, the fiancee and the cops might not appreciate it all that much. I will get some pics and post what it looks like with no tail pipes and when I get the down pipes, I will take picks of the X-pipe, 50's and the tips.

The exhaust without any kinda of tail pipe was beyond bareable, so, today I went and had a 2 1/2" down pipe installed on both the mufflers and it is so much better. I like the sound of the exhaust with the tail pipes, loved it with just mufflers, but couldnt hear after a day of driving it. So, I think the down pipes were the happy medium between the two, plus they got rid of the drone, but, you do hear the exhaust all the time unlike the Corsa Sport. I will post pics as soon as I get it on a lift so they turn out good.

C.K.

One of the Badest Ford's that I will probably ever ride in. I am still trying to wash out the stains from my drawers from the run you lost your belt on.

I assume it was Bill's L' and not a Fiesta?

Well, it started out, just charging the battery. Then it soon turned out to be some 100 foot burn outs from 40 mph. And the final finale was the 50 mph start and a blast to a mph am not able to disclose in about 3 seconds then bang, Bill can finish the story if he wants!!!LOL!!!(the whistle didnt whistle anymore!!)

haha, Yeah I lost the blower belt at about 120. :fume:

I got on it for a quick blast, and at the bottom of the bridge there is a pretty good bump and I let right off and the belt shreaded. It was a nice slow ride the rest of the way home after that. lol :oops:

When we got back to my house I had to pull all of the spaghetti strings (what was left of the belt) out from everywhere. It was a fun ride, only cost me a new blower belt and a little pride. haha :D

Anything 50 mph and below if you stand on it she will spin until you decide it is time to let off. It is pretty cool, next time I give one of you a ride I will have the slicks on. :devil:

Charlie had two (above the legal limit) rides Sunday, we also brought the Denali up over 120. I can't help it, I guess I'm still a kid at heart, I love my speed fixes.. :cheers:

Bill

Archived