I am getting the Comp Cam installed tomorrow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the 1/4" rod trick? Isn't there a tool that you slide into the holes in the front of the block to hold up the lifters? I thought I saw somewhere that you could make your own similar tool with some cheap 1/4" rod stock. No waiting for that, just go to Home Depot...

Can anybody confirm this?

I read that the lifters can still slide past a 1/4 round rod. Of course I used the pen magnets on both my installs and the cam slid right out. Once you get the magnets in, spin the cam around a few times. If you see one of the pens move adjust it (shorten) a bit and you are gravy. I also heard that the JPR lifter tool doesn't get to all of the lifters on one side of our block. Can't remember which one.

That part is right about not going all the way in. You will need four pen magnets to hit the back four lifters on the pass side, unless your engine is slightly different. I'll send four with the tool.

Got the JPR tool and 5 pen magnets all pkg'd up and ready to ship out. I'll get it to the post office either this morning, or during lunch. I'll send it 2-day, unless you need it quicker than. I don't have a problem doing that as long as you reimburse me the shipping costs. As soon as they are finished with it, send back as soon as possible. May have a cam install coming up myself and will need. Let me know when you get it.

I appreciate that Brent. The offer still stands for you to drive your scooter to my house so we can slap a cam in there. ;)

Alright, now your just teasin'

Actually though, I am bringing my family in April to a beach house near Destin Beach for a week. If you are close, would love to meet you and family... PM me if you're interested.

I appreciate that Brent.  The offer still stands for you to drive your scooter to my house so we can slap a cam in there. ;)

Alright, now your just teasin'

Actually though, I am bringing my family in April to a beach house near Destin Beach for a week. If you are close, would love to meet you and family... PM me if you're interested.

Sure. Just shoot me a PM about two weeks out.

Archived