I am getting the Comp Cam installed tomorrow

Yes. I recieved today. thanks! I am taking it to them on Thurs....so I should get it shipped back out to you next day air on Thurs.

BTW I recieved to JPRs and a 2 pen magnets....correct?

Thanks again.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No don't worry about that. I really did put 5 in there, because you need 4 min, possibly 5. The passenger side rod, more than likely will not go all the way in. They can use the pen magnets for the back four, or 5 if need be.

The only problem is they charged me $700.

Everything went well...it feels quite a bit stronger :D

Do you want me to Sat. deliv. the JPR back....I can no problem. Just let me know before 4 pm today(26). I really appreciate the help!

Yeah, it feels stronger, but I still have that damn Severe power loss problem "sometimes" at 5k to redline :fume: I think I am going to have get a custom to tune to take full advantage of my other mods....something is still holding me back.

Just send back the rods 2-day. I would like to get back by Wed, providing my new cam is here.

Is the severe power loss, you smacking the rev limiter? Does it feel like it almost dies just before the 1-2 shift? Was that the low lift 212/218, or the high lift version? I forget.

severe power loss problem 5K-redline??? That cam should shine at 5K+ rpms. If you have a power loss problem at those rpms, something is physically wrong. Yes a good tune will make it shine even more, but it shoud run fine and pull hard without the tune.

$700 is way too much. Did they pull the heads?

Just send back the rods 2-day. I would like to get back by Wed, providing my new cam is here.

Is the severe power loss, you smacking the rev limiter? Does it feel like it almost dies just before the 1-2 shift? Was that the low lift 212/218, or the high lift version? I forget.

OK Ben, spill the beans, what cam you gettin?

severe power loss problem 5K-redline???

I have had this problem since I got the got truck.

No Its not the rev limter getting hit......it feels like a 4000lb trailer is hooked on when this happens.

I will 2-day the rods here in a minute.

Thanks

again

Archived