Pics Of My New Ls2 370

mean05

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice setup. I agree that you did pick more cam than you need, but still cool. I haven't seen very many .030 over LS2 blocks, very interesting also. How much liner is left after you go that much over?

its not .30 over it has a 6.25 stroke instead of the 5.988 still the stock bore...actually just found that out 30 min ago :D

Yes but a longer rod will move the piston closer to the deck or out of the hole is the compression height of the piston is not changed. CI is determined by the cylinder volume meaning bore stroke, and number of cylinders. Rod length does nothing but put the piston where you want it to be in relation to the deck height. running the 6.25 rod did nothing but reduce compression height and move your pin up further.

That's correct. The stroke is determined by the crankshaft and the bore that the piston goes into. The connecting rod determines how far away from the crankshaft the piston pin is. This will increase or decrease the piston dwell time and side load of the piston. Compression ratio is calculated from piston to deck height, gasket thickness (crushed), cylinder head combustion chamber, stroke of the crankshaft, and piston design (dome/dish/flat top/etc). Not picking on you, I was just curious on the bore how they did it with the liners really.

well i called it's bored .10 with the longer rod...we called Diamond and they gave us the compression ratio with my 317 heads and its at 9.4:1....i was just misunderstood when he originally told me....im no machinist and try to stay away from the bottom end on motors and leave that to the peole who really know which isnt me lol

Yes but a longer rod will move the piston closer to the deck or out of the hole is the compression height of the piston is not changed. CI is determined by the cylinder volume meaning bore stroke, and number of cylinders. Rod length does nothing but put the piston where you want it to be in relation to the deck height. running the 6.25 rod did nothing but reduce compression height and move your pin up further.

the pistons were custom cut to accomodate the longer rod