Loading Atv In Bed

BigCountry

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the ramps that have rubber on them and i also have over the rail liner. i spray liners as apart time job and i see tons of nice truck go ober the rail. i dont like how over the rail looks but its saved my bed a number of time. you could also get a tailgate cap and cut it in half and put it were it would ware when you loaded the quad

I use ramps with rubber pad/protector, and sometimes I place cloth under them to also help protect.

Needless to say, sometimes in a hurry or in a pinch, I simply say screw it, it's a truck, and scratch the hell of the plastic, won't rust anyway, it's plastic.

I was thinking of doing a color matched Linex liner and having the top of the cap sprayed as well, similar to McMahan's, but under rail. The tailgate and cap is what I was mostly concerned about. All my other trucks had unpainted caps and I just abused it at will, now with the paiinted cap, I plan to take a little better care of it.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Bed liners are slippery when wet or muddy or icy ... but do a great job of protecting the bed.

line-x put like a grit in the floor of my bed to stop slips so when its wet ect.. you will have traction. not a bad deal

OMFG! You drove that muddy ass 4 wheeler on your PAINT! For the love of Pete man, that's an SS you got there. Show a little respect. :)

At least mine's a Vortec MAX. It is supposed to work hard. Oh, and I have a spray in bedliner.

Mike

The SS is still a truck. Besides, we all know classy ladies like to get dirty now and then. :cheers:

After shooting my ramps out from under me twice and two tailgates later, I now do it by myself. I own an YFZ so it’s not too heavy. I just lock the parking brake, lift it on its back wheels, release the brake and walk it until the front tires are close enough to land on the tailgate- be sure to get on the front brake just in case! I then grab my 6pk rack, do a quick little clean & jerk and it’s in.