Wtf Is Going On?

CoolBlueSS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had read all the previous posts that were locked since I had nothing else to do. Hey, sitting in bed for 2 weeks while healing from surgery will bore you to death. But anyways, I agree with what Mr. P just said, this site isn't the same as it use to be.

So, can we all just :chillpill: and then :cheers::pepsicheer: ?? :)

The purpose of the site today is NOT what it was when all this started. The stated policy of the forum was to provide a meeting place for SSS enthusiasts, owners, and admirers regardless of personal background. Sharing ideas and information, making friends, and making fun in an atmosphere of mutual respect and civility was encouraged. Differing with others and serious debate was never a problem as long as nobody crossed the line into making a personal attack or starting a flame war. And it was recognized that discussions regarding politics and whatever are very controversial, personal, and un-winnable; but as long as debates stayed cool and members maintained their emotions and there was no name calling then the discussion was allowed. Today policies are different, with censorship and taboos... it's certainly not the same online community anymore. And I'll just stop right there.

:pop:

Mr. P.

:withstupid: , it certainly isn't the same place.

hopefully things will cool down and we can all be friends again lol :jester: I have been part of this site for a long time and it has changed. I've used it to get ideas and to learn from. I came to the site with no knowledge of working on any vehicle and now I perform almost all the mod work on my truck and have made many friends. Hopefully someday I'll get to meet many of them. I do plan to attend the Zippy event some day and maybe drive up to the NE to meet and maybe TX since we've got a ton of members there. :cheers:

hopefully things will cool down and we can all be friends again lol :jester: I have been part of this site for a long time and it has changed. I've used it to get ideas and to learn from. I came to the site with no knowledge of working on any vehicle and now I perform almost all the mod work on my truck and have made many friends. Hopefully someday I'll get to meet many of them. I do plan to attend the Zippy event some day and maybe drive up to the NE to meet and maybe TX since we've got a ton of members there. :cheers:

We'd love to have ya :)

I personally think it has gone beyond off topic. The arguing, bashing, and flame wars have even spilled over into personal decisions about the direction an owner plans to take with their vehicle. I cant believe what I have seen or read when someone has decided to use a particular vendor or not. I have also been entertained by reading the locked threads.

You think this site is bad though? I suggest everyone go spend an hour or two over at the off topic forum at www.clubgp.com

i almost started the same thread. but i didnt want to get crap for it. i think we should have open opinions about what others do with their vehicles, its theirs, not yours. we are all ss owners, we share a common bond. the wave, the meetings, this forum. this is my favorite forum and i hate to see it turning into a big bashing site. we need to respect each other, if you cant do that, then dont comment. or dont express your opinion in the off topic section if you cant handle other people asking what to do about their gf, or how their vacation went. its the off topic section, thats the point! if thats not your thing then dont bother opening that section of the forum. im extremely tired right now, and i am so stressed out about personal issues, and this is a place i feel i can come and chat with friends. but i hate to see it become a war zone when people express their opinions, or have something non ss related.

I agree. Things have been getting pretty ugly on here. Stupid disagreements are turning into people getting personal.

Im with MEL !!! :withstupid::thumbs:

We are all friends on the forum , It is nice to have a open topic to tolk about (nonSSS) . But do get personal , it is not cool at all . This is my posting on the B/S that is going , And It is making the site look bad from the guests that who would like to Join the site .

Mark :thumbs:

We have threads where people are saying that they don't give a sh1t about people's personal stuff in off topic section. Others getting slammed for expressing opinions on likes/dislikes, and what works for them, and getting slammed because it doesn't fall in line with someone elses opinion. Having differences is what makes the world interesting. If we all thought the same way it'd be pretty f'ing boring. Everyone just needs to relax, drink a beer, smoke a joint, have some dip. :chillpill:

:withstupid: Im a newbie, I have tried my best to fit in. Hope I havent pissed anyone off. I agree with Rockhead, were all freinds and shouldnt get personal.

As I say alot keep SSing :chevy: .

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

I personally think it has gone beyond off topic. The arguing, bashing, and flame wars have even spilled over into personal decisions about the direction an owner plans to take with their vehicle. I cant believe what I have seen or read when someone has decided to use a particular vendor or not. I have also been entertained by reading the locked threads.

You think this site is bad though? I suggest everyone go spend an hour or two over at the off topic forum at www.clubgp.com

I hear ya, this is the cleanest forum that I belong to. Some of the other forums that I belong to are rediculous.

Just appreciate what we got. In the end, we have a great site.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

So i've been a member on this site for quite a while in comparison and have remained fairly active. As some of my closer friends on this site may have noticed I have become alot less active as of the last few months. That is entirely due to whats been going on here lately. For lack of better words alot of people on this site are acting like whiny bitches. Don't take offense, this kind of shit happens, It's the internet. Religious and political standpoints, conspiracy's, propaganda, views, beliefs, doubts, misunderstandings, opinions, thoughts etc. etc. should be kept to a minimum just because thats not why we are all on this forum and as with anything on the internet it will get ugly. Certain topics cant be avoided just because it's all around us and religious/political remarks are bound to come up here and there in non related threads, What keeps it civil is all the members ability to act maturely and take everything you read on this site let alone the world wide web with a grain of salt and just carry on. Lets all act like adults whether we are or not and we can keep this site working just as well as it has in the past.