"lucky Fourteen" Z06 Brake Upgrade

supersub

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to. I'm currently out of the country. As soon as I get back I'm going to be all over this. I'm also planning on making the brackets for using lowering spindles as well. It will probably be a little while before they are done. I need to figure out dimensions, make the CAD drawing, make a prototype (for lowered spindles), make a table jig for the CNC mill, make them, annodise them and then they'll be ready.

I also want to say that I do have permission from Ray(supersub) to use his design. He is a stand up guy and would never rip off anyone that has help so many to get these brackets where they are today. I'm also hoping to be able to offer them at a lower price since I will be doing most of the work on these myself. My plan is to do a large batch of these so I can get a discount on materials and the hardware. That way I can lower the final sale price. I'm also working on a source for new GM calipers at a good discount as well, but that is iffy.

Edited by dkkustoms (see edit history)

Just curious, anyone interested in any other colors than black for the annodising. Maybe red?

FWIW....You will not see the brackets at all then calipers and wheels/tires or on. Here is a back view though.

Jeffs_SSS_038.jpg

yes red please and will you be making rear brackets!!!! hey are you in the military dkkustoms?

Nope. Almost did. Went through ASVAB, went to the MEP station, took the physical and all and bailed at the last second. Good thing I did. My recruiter lied his ass off to me. The next recruiter told me the truth and I didn't enlist. Why do you ask?

FWIW....You will not see the brackets at all then calipers and wheels/tires or on. Here is a back view though.

I know you won't see them but I figured I'd offer the option possibly. If enough people want them I'll do a small batch in red or any other color I get enough people wanting. Thanks anyway, your truck is looks nice.

Subscribing to this thread, A budget kit is definitely what I'm looking for. The SSBC 3 piston kit with rotors front and back was like $1,744. That's insane.

That's $1744.00 for ea. front and rear, correct? You can find them for a little cheaper then that. They are very nice brakes but w/ prices like that, that is why I did the Zo6 brakes myself.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)